We have reviewed almost 125 solicitors in Kent County as per their standing on Google, social media, and trust pilot. Here are the top 10 family law solicitors who can help you with matters relating to children’s welfare, divorce, and other family-related proceedings.
|Solicitor’s Name||Google Rating||Total Reviews||Our Rating||Areas|
|Stowe Family Law||4.4||12||9.1||Divorce, Financial Matters, Child Law, Unmarried Couples, Family Law, Domestic Abuse|
|MartinTolhurst Solicitors||4.6||69||9.3||Conveyancing, Wills and Probate, Family Law, General, Commercial Property, Employment Law, Business Law, Lease Extensions, Disputes, Equity Release|
|Beckett Solicitors||4.5||13||9.2||Divorce, Cohabiting-Living Together, Collaborative Law, Children, Family Mediation, Family Arbitration, Family Protection Orders|
|Girlings Solicitors||4.8||19||9.6||Family Law, Employment Law, Notary Services, Residential Property, Commercial Property, Corporate & Commercial|
|Clarkson Wright & Jakes Solicitors & Notaries||4.3||39||9.2||Employment, Personal Injury, Family, Medical Negligence, Dispute Resolution, Corporate, Commercial Property|
|Kent & Surrey Family Resolution||4.3||39||9.2||Family Mediation, Wills and Probate, Family Arbitration, Family Law, Hybrid Mediation|
|Taylor Rose MW||4.8||198||9.8||Family Law, Medical Negligence, Immigration, Personal Injury, Property, Debt Recovery, Dispute Resolution, Employment Law|
|Manak Solicitors||4.7||57||9.6||Commercial Property, Family, Fare Evasion, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Immigration, Conveyancing, Wills & LPAs|
|North Ford Solicitors||4.7||18||9.5||Civil Litigation, Employment Law, Family Law|
|FurleyPage Solicitors||4.4||16||9.4||Conveyancing, Wills and Probate, Litigation, Family Law, General, Commercial Law|
Stowe Family Law
DIY Legals Rating: 9.1
Online Rating: 4.4
Stowe Family Law is based in Frant Road, Tunbridge Wells. They deal with all aspects related to family law. They have forensic accountants, a specialised children’s department, an adoption team, surrogacy law specialists, and an international family law department, as well as qualified mediators, among their 75-strong team of prominent UK divorce lawyers. They currently have a 4.4-star rating on Google with 12 reviews in total.
Their blogs address all issues related to family law and how separations are triggered from the smallest of differences. Apart from that, their blogs also have tips and tricks about how to go about the entire process of divorce. They know that modern times call for current modes of connecting. Hence, they are active on all social media platforms.
Divorce, Financial Matters, Child Law, Unmarried Couples, Family Law, Domestic Abuse
- Julian Hawkhead: Julian Hawkhead has a wealth of knowledge in all parts of family law, notably in the area of complex financial issues.
- Rachel Roberts: Rachel has worked with the firm for over 17 years and leads the Yorkshire team as Regional Director. She is known for her loving and sympathetic approach to clients, and she establishes a wonderful relationship with them, leaving them feeling confident and comforted as she leads them to the best possible end.
Contact website: https://www.stowefamilylaw.co.uk/
Stowe Family Law is the most extensive specialised family law practice in the United Kingdom. They can help you no matter your family situation because they have over 75 expert family lawyers across the UK. Their specialists are prepared to handle a wide range of problems and provide sound, unbiased advice and counsel based on years of experience in family law. They are known for their collaborative approach, and they collaborate with local mediators and other experts to form a strong, experienced, and well-respected support team.
Martin Tolhurst Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.3
Online Rating: 4.6
Martin Tolhurst Solicitors is based in Rochester, Kent. With a committed team of skilled family lawyers, Martin Tolhurst Solicitors is Kent’s premier law firm. They specialise in dealing with challenges that arise when personal relationships have broken down and protective measures such as prenuptial and cohabitation agreements. They currently have a 4.6-star rating on Google with 69 reviews in total.
Their social media presence is good, keeping up with modern technology. You can find them on Twitter, where they respond the quickest of all. They also upload their blogs and case studies regularly to keep visitors updated about their firm.
Conveyancing, Wills and Probate, Family Law, General, Commercial Property, Employment Law, Business Law, Lease Extensions, Disputes, Equity Release
- Giles Dobson: Giles represents individuals and organisations in a wide range of situations, from divorce and cohabitation to personal injury, contractual disputes, and debt recovery.
- Nameeta Gujral: Nameeta Gujral has over 13 years of experience as a Family Law Solicitor. She has worked on several matters concerning divorce, finances, children, separation agreements, cohabitation agreements, prenuptial agreements, foreign marriages, and domestic abuse during her career.
Contact website: https://www.martintolhurst.co.uk/
As a significant law practice in Kent and with their award-winning and cutting-edge approach, as well as their online case tracking and case management systems, all of their clients can benefit from their years of experience in a wide range of specialities and rest assured that their case will be handled thoroughly, professionally, and in a friendly and understandable manner.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.2
Online Rating: 4.5
Beckett Solicitors is based in Rainham, Kent. They provide a wide range of services and variable pricing to match your specific requirements. They are family law specialists who provide legal advice, mediation, and arbitration to all of their clients. They currently have a 4.5-star rating on Google with 13 reviews in total. They have very few reviews, but they are genuine service providers.
They have a news section where they update about recent developments and blogs on legal matters. They are active on social media and have been posting on Twitter and LinkedIn frequently. You can connect with the firm on LinkedIn or Twitter. They are more responsive on Twitter.
Divorce, Cohabiting-Living Together, Collaborative Law, Children, Family Mediation, Family Arbitration, Family Protection Orders
- Nadia Beckett: She is also the Chair of the Forum of Family Law Arbitrators and a Family Law Arbitrator. Together with the Law Society, the Institute of Family Law Arbitrators, and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Nadia is a member of Resolution.
- Kristy Bloomfield: Kirsty is a Chartered Institute of Legal Executives Fellow who focuses on all elements of family law. She has been working with Nadia since 1996 and is a trained Resolution Collaborative Lawyer.
Contact website: https://www.beckettltd.com/
At Beckett Solicitors, they understand that the end of your marriage, civil partnership, or long-term relationship is one of the most painful experiences you can have. They understand that how you handle the breakup is critical to your future happiness, and therefore strive to make your divorce or relationship breakup as stress-free as possible. Their job is to safeguard what matters most to you: your children, your property, your way of living, and your relationships with other members of your family.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.6
Online Rating: 4.8
Girlings Solicitors is a well-known and respected Kent law firm with three locations in Ashford, Canterbury, and Herne Bay, servicing individuals and businesses throughout London and the South East. All of their lawyers and legal advisers are recognised specialists in their fields of law. They currently have a 4.8-star rating on Google with 19 reviews in total. The firm has a good reputation in the legal sector.
Their social media presence is good with daily uploads and fast responses on Twitter. You can try to connect with their staff through LinkedIn as well. They also have a blog section that updates visitors with the firm’s current work and news surrounding the legal world.
Family Law, Employment Law, Notary Services, Residential Property, Commercial Property, Corporate & Commercial
- Amanda Wilson:Amanda is an experienced lawyer with a track record of technical proficiency and solid client relationships. Amanda is included in the Legal 500 as a recommended lawyer.
- Curtis Wray:Curtis works in the Herne Bay office as a Family Law specialist. He is an ardent advocate who, unlike most lawyers, was granted Higher Rights of Audience in 2018, allowing him to participate in the higher courts in the same capacity as barristers.
Contact website: https://www.girlings.com/
The Family Law team at Girlings is well-known for its expertise in divorce and family law. Their focus is always on finding a solution and settlement that works best for you and any family members involved. They have a reputation for being friendly, professional, and tough when they need to be. The lawyers are experts in unmarried couples’ rights and cohabitation agreements, and they can help couples who are living together decide what is best for them. They also provide legal guidance on same-sex relationships and the dissolution of civil partnerships.
Clarkson Wright & Jakes Solicitors & Notaries
DIY Legals Rating: 9.2
Online Rating: 4.3
CWJ is now a well-known law company in Kent. The company began operations in 1875 and relocated to Orpington, Kent, in 1951. Their values are anchored on a strong legacy of integrity and service, as you might expect from a firm with a reputation earned over five generations. They currently have a 4.3-star rating on Google with 39 reviews in total. They have several positive reviews that make them one of the most sought after firms in Kent county.
Solicitors at CWJ are popular mostly because of the firm’s active presence on social media. The firm updates about its successes and cases on social media, thus attracting more clients every day. They also have an active blog section where daily news is updated.
Employment, Personal Injury, Family, Medical Negligence, Dispute Resolution, Corporate, Commercial Property
- Claire Schneck: Since 2008, Claire has led the family law department. She earned a 2:1 LLB Honours degree from the University of Westminster, as well as a distinction on the legal practise course. She became a partner in 2005 after qualifying as a solicitor in 2000 and working in the family law department.
- Kevin Bristow: Kevin is a member of the family team as a partner. He graduated from the University of Greenwich with a law degree and went on to Chester College of Law for his LPC.
Contact website: https://www.cwj.co.uk/
As members of Resolution, their top priority is to help you avoid unnecessary conflict, and they’ll offer Alternative Dispute Resolution methods like mediation, collaborative law, and arbitration wherever possible to assist you to reach an equitable solution that benefits the whole family. Their clients can resolve their disputes amicably in the vast majority of cases, and with their help, you are unlikely to need to go to court. If it becomes essential to seek a judge’s judgement, they’ll vigorously represent you, safeguard your and your children’s rights, and provide you with the best possible opportunity of a favourable conclusion.
Kent & Surrey Family Resolution
DIY Legals Rating: 9.1
Online Rating: 4.4
Kent & Surrey Family resolution is based in Canterbury, Kent. They are a friendly, accredited family law firm with offices in Kent’s Canterbury and Tenterden and Middlesex’s Teddington, providing high-quality family legal, family mediation, hybrid mediation, family arbitration, and dispute resolution services to individuals and their families throughout Kent, Sussex, and Surrey. They currently have a 4.4-star rating on Google with five reviews in total. Their genuine service will leave you astounded.
They have social media accounts but aren’t very active. They still are more responsive on Twitter following legal trends. Their blog section is regularly updated with articles and news of the legal sector from around the world.
Family Mediation, Wills and Probate, Family Arbitration, Family Law, Hybrid Mediation
- Nigel Clarke: Nigel has extensive expertise as a Family Arbitrator, Resolution Accredited Specialist, Collaborative Solicitor, and Accredited Family Mediator for all sorts of Mediation. He is a member of the Law Society’s Advanced Family and Family Mediation Specialist Panels.
Contact website: https://www.familyresolution.co.uk/
They can provide you with advice, appointments, support, and direction in all aspects of family law, including attending family court virtually or in person. They provide a variety of appointment options, including remote video conferencing (Zoom, Skype, Teams) and telephone sessions. They are Resolution Accredited Specialisms and have Law Society Panel Accreditations, so they can provide complete support and guidance on a wide range of family law concerns.
Taylor Rose MW
DIY Legals Rating: 9.8
Online Rating: 4.8
Taylor Rose MW is located in Bexleyheath. They have a 100-year heritage and is known to be the top 75 independent firms of solicitors. They have unparalleled experience in a wide range of personal and business services. They currently have a 4.8-star rating on Google with 198 reviews in total. They are a leading solicitor firm in Kent.
They have an active social media presence. Their videos on youtube are informative, and their Twitter handle is more responsive than the Facebook handle. Their blogs are also published on a regular basis covering all topics of the legal sector.
Family Law, Medical Negligence, Immigration, Personal Injury, Property, Debt Recovery, Dispute Resolution, Employment Law
- Nicola Jones-King: Nicola is a specialist in children’s law, representing children, parents, and family members in issues involving care and complicated children. She has extensive experience as a trial lawyer.
- Amarjit Singh Ryatt: Amarjit has more than 18 years of experience in the field of family law. Amarjit handles all facets of family law, but specialises in divorce and settlement cases, having worked with high-net-worth clients as well as instances involving limited marital assets that necessitate creative ways to fulfil the parties’ demands.
Contact website: https://www.taylor-rose.co.uk/
Whether you want preventative work to protect your future or assistance on concerns like divorce, property, and financial matters, their sensitive and pleasant family team will walk you through your alternatives. They provide a service that is completely customised to your needs, yet with a pre-determined fixed fee, giving you peace of mind and a sensible, cost-effective approach.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.6
Online Rating: 4.7
Manak Solicitors from Kent has locations in Orpington, Gravesend, and Sevenoaks, as well as a newly opened office in The Shard in London, where they specialise in personal and business legal services. They are a multi-accredited law firm that adheres to Lexcel’s strict requirements. The Law Society has awarded them Conveyancing Quality & Advanced Family accreditation. They currently have a 4.7-star rating on Google with 57 reviews in total.
They are highly active on social media. They are aware that their presence on social media has diverted the legal traffic towards them. Hence, they immediately respond to queries on social media. They also have a blog section that updates the firm’s ongoing proceedings, and also articles on pertinent topics are published.
Commercial Property, Family, Fare Evasion, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Immigration, Conveyancing, Wills & LPAs
- Aneeta Kaur Kang: Aneeta began her legal career with Manak Solicitors in 2009 as a trainee solicitor, focusing on family law. Aneeta obtained her law degree in 2012, was elevated to Partner in 2014, and is now the Head of the Family and Matrimonial Department.
- Adella Thomas: Adella is a member of Resolution, a non-profit organisation dedicated to the peaceful resolution of family problems. As a result, she supports solutions that take into account the requirements of the entire family, particularly the best interests of the children.
Contact website: https://manaksolicitors.co.uk/
They’re dedicated to providing you with new perspectives, endless motivation, and clear counsel free of jargon. They understand and sympathise with you, but they won’t give you false optimism. Instead, they concentrate on solid arguments and tangible results. Their lawyers have extensive experience in the fields in which they specialise. Their offices are wheelchair accessible, and if you can’t meet with them in person, they can meet over the phone or via Skype. Furthermore, they assist in English, French, Punjabi, Hindi, and Urdu in all areas of practice.
North Ford Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.5
Online Rating: 4.7
North Ford Solicitors is located in North Street Romford. They provide expert legal assistance and personalised solutions for a variety of scenarios as one of the leading law firms in Romford, Essex. Their lawyers have extensive experience dealing with a wide range of complex legal issues. They will be able to assess your issue and advise you on the best course of action to correct the problem and obtain the best result. They currently have a 4.7-star rating on Google with 18 reviews in total.
They are active on Facebook. You can reach out to them on their official website or also on their LinkedIn profile. Their blogs are updated almost regularly. You can learn a lot about the legal service areas through their blogs.
Civil Litigation, Employment Law, Family Law
- Salmaan Islam: Salmaan has a wealth of experience in complex litigation, employment law, and family law.
- Azra Mumtaz: Although most of her job is challenging, she has always addressed every situation with professionalism and drive. She has worked in cases involving defamation, harassment, professional negligence, contested probate, divorce, and child custody.
Contact website: https://www.northfordsolicitors.com/
The family solicitors at North Ford can assist you with any family law issue. They’ll be there for you every step of the process, whether you’re dealing with child custody or a divorce settlement. They work hard to ensure that your child custody or divorce settlement is as favourable as possible. The lawyers attend annual training courses to improve their professional abilities and stay up to date on the latest advances in family law. The firm has extensive expertise defending clients in family courts, and they try to surpass your expectations and obtain the results you deserve.
Furley Page Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.4
Online Rating: 4.4
Furley Page is a well-known Kent and Medway-based law practice having offices in Canterbury, Chatham, and Whitstable. Throughout the South East and the United Kingdom, their skilled team of lawyers provides legal advice and great service to both people and businesses. They currently have a 4.4-star rating on Google with 16 reviews in total. They have very few reviews, but they are genuine service providers.
They are active on all social media platforms except Facebook. You will find them on Twitter following the latest legal trends. They are quick to respond on Twitter. They have a news and insights section where they update fresh legal news and articles of the same.
- Rayma Collins: Rayma has been practising family law for over 18 years, specialising in resolving financial disputes between spouses following a divorce or separation.
- Naomi Hayward: Naomi specialises in high-net-worth financial matters as well as difficult child custody and visitation arrangements. Naomi also became a collaborative lawyer in 2014, which means she may offer clients an alternative to the standard methods of attorneys’ correspondence and court processes for settling family problems.
Contact website: https://www.furleypage.co.uk/
Exceptional client service flows like a golden thread through everything they set to do. They work in Partner-led teams of solicitors to give expert legal advice in a variety of areas. Chambers UK, Chambers HNW, and The Legal 500 have consistently high ranks for their legal competence and client service over many years. They are an Investors in People employer who recognises the importance of their solicitors, legal teams, and support employees.