We have reviewed almost 140 solicitors in the Derry area as they stood on Google, social media, and trust pilot. Here are the top 10 family law solicitors who can help you with matters relating to children’s welfare, divorce, and other family-related proceedings.
|Solicitor’s Name||Google Rating||Total Reviews||Our Rating||Areas|
|A D McLay & Company Solicitors||5||4||9.3||Conveyancing, Wills and Probate, Litigation, Family Law, General, Commercial Law|
|Hasson and Co. Solicitors||5||104||9.8||Conveyancing & Property, Criminal Law, Personal Injury Claims, Family Divorce, Family Law, Children, Family Law and Children’s Order, Divorce & Separation|
|Brendan Kearny & Co. Solicitors||4.7||33||9.6||Personal Injury Claims, Medical and Clinical Negligence, Family Law, Criminal Defence, Wills and Probate, Residential Conveyancing|
|McDermott, McGurk & Partners||4.8||21||9.5||Conveyancing, Criminal Law, Family Law, Wills & Probate, Personal Injury|
|John Fahy & Co. Solicitors||4.5||17||9.4||Litigation, Criminal Injury Claims, Family/ Matrimonial/ Divorce Law, Criminal Defence, Conveyancing Department, Employment Law, Immigration Law|
|Caldwell and Robinson||4.9||10||9.8||Family Law|
|Quigley, Grant & Kyle Solicitors||4.6||19||9.4||Criminal, Claims and Road Traffic Accidents, Children and Family Law, Prison Law, Medical Negligence, Property Law|
|Dermot Walker Madden Solicitors||4.8||6||9.2||Litigation, Criminal Law, Family Law, Matrimonial Law, Will Making, Probate, Residential Conveyancing, Non-molestation Orders|
|McGeady Molloy Solicitors||5||9||9.4||Children Order Matters, Matrimonial, Road Traffic Accidents, Personal Injury, Police and Criminal Matters, Wills and probate, Employment Matters Tax and Probate|
|Madden and Finucane Solicitors||2||2||9.1||Human Rights, Damages and Compensation, Business and Finance, Criminal Law, Matrimonial and Family Law|
A D McLay & Company Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.3
Online Rating: 5
A D McLay & Company Solicitors is based in Limavady Road, Londonderry. A D McClay & Co Solicitors have significant expertise in providing professional, discreet, supportive, and sensitive advice on the full range of matrimonial services. They strive to make the procedure as simple as possible. In appropriate instances, legal assistance is offered. They currently have a 5-star rating on Google with four reviews in total. They have very few thoughts, but they are genuine service providers.
They are not very active on social media, but you may contact them through their website. They are quick with their response. They also do not provide information about their practice through blogs.
Conveyancing, Wills and Probate, Litigation, Family Law, General, Commercial Law
- Neville Kerr: In 1986, he earned a Certificate of Professional Legal Studies and began working as a pupil solicitor with the business in September of that year, qualifying in 1987. In October of 1993, he joined the firm as a partner.
- Charles Kane: He completed his pupillage at Hewitt &Gilpin in 1990 and then joined A.D. McClay & Co as an assistant solicitor in September 1990. In October 1996, he joined the firm as a partner. The Children’s Order Panel includes Charles.
Contact website: https://www.admcclay.com/
Don McClay founded the practice of A D McClay & Company in 1984. In Northern Ireland, the firm offers a wide variety of legal services to private and commercial clients, with a limited range of services available in the Republic of Ireland. The firm’s office is a modern, well-equipped facility that is conveniently accessible and has adequate parking for clients. The organisation has been at the forefront of adopting new information technology to provide the most effective service to its clients. They are also members of the prestigious The Law Society.
Hasson and Company Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.8
Online Rating: 5.0
Hasson and Co. Solicitorsarelocated in Clarendon Street, Derry. They can help with all parts of Divorce and Family Law, including Child Contact Proceedings and emergency Non-Molestation Orders for anyone being harassed or intimidated. For people seeking advice, they provide compassionate and competent service. They currently have a 5-star rating on Google with 104 reviews in total.
Their social media handles are active, and they are also responsive in these mediums. You may get in touch with them via these platforms apart from contacting them through their website.
Conveyancing & Property, Criminal Law, Personal Injury Claims, Family Divorce, Family Law, Children, Family Law and Children’s Order, Divorce & Separation
- Terri McLaughlin: Terri has handled a wide range of family law issues, including divorce and child custody disputes, as well as Non-Molestation Orders to protect clients from violent family members.
- John Hasson: John is a Partner in the Firm and a devoted and competent Solicitor.
Contact website: https://hassonlaw.co.uk/
They take pleasure in being approachable and providing excellent customer service. They offer a free consultation so that they may meet with you and discuss your problem or legal issue without having to worry about the cost of legal representation. As a result, they offer a 24-hour service, allowing you to speak with an experienced Solicitor at any time of day.
Brendan Kearny & Co. Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.6
Online Rating: 4.7
Brendan Kearny & Co. Solicitors is located in Clarendon Street, Derry. Their skilled solicitors can assist you if you require advice or assistance with any element of family law. Brendan Kearney & Co are experts in all aspects of family law, with a particular focus on divorce and family breakdown. They currently have a 4.7-star rating on Google with 33 reviews in total. Their customer reviews are positive, with most of their clients extremely satisfied with their work.
You will find them updating their blog section with the latest news. If interested, you can also read about various case studies on their website. They are active on their social media platforms as well.
Personal Injury Claims, Medical and Clinical Negligence, Family Law, Criminal Defence, Wills and Probate, Residential Conveyancing
- Sandra Wylie: Sandra joined the office in April 2016, bringing over 20 years of general private practice experience with her. She is the head of the family law department and specialises in divorces, matrimonial agreements, and Children Order applications, both private and public law.
- Tom McClafferty: His main areas of practice are Family Law and Criminal Law, and he has dealt with a wide range of issues around these areas.
Contact website: https://www.brendankearney.com/
They have obtained some of the largest settlement sums ever granted in Northern Ireland on behalf of their clients. Their reputation has been built on achieving such achievements, and therefore take pride in how their clients perceive their services. In keeping with the company’s past, they’re blazing a trail here by implementing cutting-edge technologies to serve you better.
McDermott, McGurk & Partners
DIY Legals Rating: 9.5
Online Rating: 4.8
MMP Solicitors is based in Clarendon St, Londonderry. MMP Solicitors is a well-established firm that provides a wide range of legal services to businesses and individuals. They give practical and sought-after legal assistance on a wide range of topics. They currently have a 4.8-star rating on Google with 21 reviews in total. Their reviews have praised their services thoroughly.
They have a blog section where news about their firm is published, but lately, the blogs have not been updated. You will find them active on almost all social media platforms. They seem to be more active on Twitter than Facebook.
Conveyancing, Criminal Law, Family Law, Wills & Probate, Personal Injury
- Nick O’Dowd: He is one of the partners at MMP and specializes in the areas of family law, property law, and legal advice.
Contact website: https://mmp.legal/
MMP Solicitors are members of the Law Society with extensive knowledge in matrimonial and family law. Their skilled lawyers are delighted to provide you with compassionate and competent counsel to help you get through your ordeal. They are family law specialists that can assist you with Separation and divorce, Financial disputes, Child care, Co-habitation, and Family law specialist with accreditation.
John Fahy & CO. Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.4
Online Rating: 4.5
John Fahy & Co. Solicitors is located in Clarendon Street, Derry. Since 1979, Northern Ireland has been served by John Fahy and Company Solicitors. Their knowledgeable lawyers have decades of expertise and are ready to help you with any legal issues you may have. They currently have a 4.5-star rating on Google with 17 reviews in total.
They do not particularly have a blog, but they are active on social media. They have accounts on Facebook and Twitter where they follow trends of the legal world.
Litigation, Criminal Injury Claims, Family/ Matrimonial/ Divorce Law, Criminal Defence, Conveyancing Department, Employment Law, Immigration Law
- Eimear Kerr: She is a solicitor at John Fahy and Co. Solicitors and specializes in Conveyancing and client-focused cases.
- Anthony McGarrigle: Anthony is a partner at the firm and is one of the most experienced solicitors of the firm.
Contact website: https://johnfahysolicitors.com/
It can be incredibly distressing if you have marital troubles or have been refused contact with your children. The family law solicitors are here to assist you in getting your life back on track. With expert, straightforward, and practical counsel, they will help you. Their family lawyers have extensive experience and knowledge in all aspects of family law.
Caldwell and Robinson
DIY Legals Rating: 9.8
Online Rating: 4.9
Caldwell and Robinson have been doing business from their Londonderry firm for quite some time now. For more than a century, the firm has provided legal counsel. They give competent legal advice on a variety of family law and private client concerns, using a realistic and no-nonsense approach to assist their clients in achieving their objectives. They currently have a 4.9-star rating on Google with ten reviews in total. They are popular even though they have only a handful of reviewers online.
They have a blog section that publishes news regarding the firm. You will find the firm on Twitter and LinkedIn, where they post more frequently and are more responsive there.
- Karen O’Leary: Karen is the head of Caldwell & Robinson’s Family Law department. Her specific competence encompasses both private and public law, as well as several jurisdictions, and she has vast experience with all difficulties that may emerge following the collapse of a partnership and family law.
- Geraldine Keehan: Geraldine is a recognised expert in family and children’s law both internationally and domestically. Her work has been marked by transparency, pragmatism, and ensuring that the best legal conclusion is obtained for her clients. She is frequently sought out by colleagues, governing bodies, and charities for adoption advice, both domestic and foreign.
Contact website: https://www.caldwellrobinson.com/family/
They are a group of seasoned lawyers, each an expert in their respective field of family and private law, with a number of Chambers & Partners UK-ranked members. Karen O’Leary, the Head of Family Law, is one of only a few lawyers in Ireland to be named a fellow of the prestigious International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL).
Quigley, Grant & Kyle Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.4
Online Rating: 4.6
Quigley, Grant & Kyle solicitors are based in Queen Street, Derry. In the case of a family breakup, they give advice and guidance at all levels of court in Northern Ireland. Their services cover contact/custody issues, divorces, separations, financial issues, and matters involving Social Services. In emergency instances where clients seek immediate court protection from Non-Molestation Orders, they also give advice. In addition, they are members of the Children’s Order Panel. They currently have a 4.8-star rating on Google with 19 reviews in total.
They do not have a regular blog, but they are active on social media. You will find them on all social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. Reviewers say they are more responsive on Twitter than Facebook.
Criminal, Claims and Road Traffic Accidents, Children and Family Law, Prison Law, Medical Negligence, Property Law
- Aine Grant: Specializes in children and family law, but also handles claims involving road traffic accidents, criminal harm and damage, and medical negligence.
- Deaglan Barrett: Before qualification, he worked for the firm and was trained in all areas of law, with a focus on criminal law, jail law, claims, and family law. He is also passionate about representing clients at all types of hearings.
Contact website: https://www.quigleygrantkyle.com/
Quigley Grant & Kyle Solicitors provide skilled and personable legal services in a wide range of disciplines. The initial meeting with them is complimentary, and legal assistance is offered. Choose them and enjoy the following advantages. A well-established firm with over 40 years of combined expertise providing quality representation in all courts in Northern Ireland. Work that crosses international borders. For police stations and courts, there is an after-hours service.
Dermot Walker Madden Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.2
Online Rating: 4.8
Dermot Walker Madden Solicitors are located in They handle a broad spectrum of family law issues, both private and public. They can help with contact conflicts and all other matters regarding children entrusted to the trust. They currently have a 4.8-star rating on Google with six reviews in total. Their google reviews are less, but they are genuine with their work.
They are not active on social media. However, you will find them on LinkedIn, and they are regular with updates about their firm there. You can connect with them on LinkedIn.
Litigation, Criminal Law, Family Law, Matrimonial Law, Will Making, Probate, Residential Conveyancing, Non-molestation Orders
- Michelle Madden: Michelle specialises in Litigation, Road Traffic Accidents, Tripping and Slipping Cases, Medical Negligence, Personal Injury, Family Law, Divorce Law, Wills and Probate.
- Leonie Keegan: Leonie has more than 20 years of legal expertise and specialises in Criminal Law, Conveyancing, Family Law, Divorce Law, Wills and Probate.
Contact website: https://walkermaddensols.com/
Dermot Walker, Madden & Company has been in Derry for over 40 years and has an experienced team of solicitors specialising in various fields. They offer a client-centred, pleasant service that can handle all of your legal needs. All initial consultations are free, and they will assist you in obtaining Legal Aid if necessary.
McGeady Molloy Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.4
Online Rating: 5
McGeady Molloy Solicitors is based in Queen Street, Derry. McGeady Molloy Solicitors is a young, enthusiastic, and experienced team of solicitors covering all areas of law, with over 20 years of combined legal expertise. At all times, their staff will strive to obtain the best possible result for you, and they will make every effort to ensure that you understand each step of the process and that you are kept informed. They currently have a 5-star rating on Google with nine reviews in total.
They have a presence on Facebook and Twitter, although there is little activity there. On Twitter, they appear to be more responsive than on Facebook.
Children Order Matters, Matrimonial, Road Traffic Accidents, Personal Injury, Police and Criminal Matters, Wills and probate, Employment Matters
- Dannielle Molloy: Danielle worked as a paralegal in a prominent business in Liverpool before returning to Northern Ireland to study law. Danielle is friendly and consistently strives for the best possible outcome for her clients.
- Roma Mc Geady: Roma’s extensive experience as a solicitor, specialising in a wide range of legal issues with a particular focus in family law, puts her in a strong position to help and achieve for all of her clients. Roma’s approach has proven to be the secret to her success thus far. She is kind, honest, and transparent.
Contact website: https://www.mcgeadymolloy.co.uk/
For those customers who qualify, they can provide Legal Aid help. For more information, you can contact their office. If you require legal assistance or support outside of regular business hours, their solicitors are available to assist you at any time. Their phone line is available 24 hours a day. For any legal issues you may have, they provide a free initial consultation.
Madden & Finucane Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.1
Online Rating: 5
Madden and Finucane Solicitors is based in William Street, Derry. Peter Madden and Pat Finucane founded Madden & Finucane Solicitors in 1979. They have built a reputation for offering quality and professional legal services both locally and internationally. The firm’s ethos revolves around the protection of individual rights. They currently have a 5-star rating on Google with two reviews in total. They are a renowned solicitor firm irrespective of only a few online reviews.
They update their blogs regularly. They are also active on social media. Their social media presence is not limited to only Facebook and Twitter. They have videos on youtube as well.
Human Rights, Damages and Compensation, Business and Finance, Criminal Law, Matrimonial and Family Law
- Roisin McKenna: She has 20 years of expertise providing advice and representation in the areas of family and children law, with a particular interest in public and private Children Order matters, domestic violence protection, maintenance, divorce, and financial settlements.
- Patrick Madden: Patrick joined the firm in 2002 as a criminal law specialist with extensive experience. He has a big customer base and provides legal advice in all areas of criminal law.
Contact website: https://madden-finucane.com/
The family law team has a wealth of knowledge and competence in dealing with the most challenging family law situations. You may require guidance on who is allowed to live in your house, your finances, your safety, the safety of any children, where your children live, and with whom they interact. Chambers, the client’s guide to the legal profession, has Madden & Finucane ranked first. They are a member of the Children’s Order Panel, and their lawyers are experts in dealing with all aspects of children’s law.