We have reviewed almost 161 solicitors in the Exeter area as they stood on Google, social media, and trust pilot. Here are the top 10 family law solicitors who can help you with matters relating to children’s welfare, divorce, and other family-related proceedings.
|Solicitor’s Name||Google Rating||Total Reviews||Our Rating||Areas|
|The Family Law Company||4.0||57||8.9||Divorce & Separation, Cohabitation Agreements, Prenuptial Agreements, Domestic Abuse, Child Abduction, Adoption|
|Rundlewalker Solicitors||4.7||67||9.5||Family Law, Criminal Defence & Motoring Offences, Conveyancing & Property, Accident & Injury Claims|
|Stephens Scown Solicitors||4.5||89||9.5||Wills, Probate & Estate Planning, Residential Property, Family Law, Employment Law, Immigration, Intellectual Property & Information Technology, Dispute Resolution|
|Dunn & Baker Solicitors||4.1||56||9.0||Disputes, Family Law, Employment Law, Housing & Property, Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Wills & Probate|
|Tozers Solicitors LLP||4.0||33||8.8||Dispute Resolution, Employment, Family Law, Medical Negligence, Probate & Wills, Planning & Licensing, Residential Property|
|Crosse & Crosse Solicitors||3.9||29||8.6||Individuals & Families, Personal Injury, Claims & Disputes, Businesses and Employment, Capacity, Later Years Planning & Wills|
|Wollens Solicitors||3.9||22||8.6||Wills, Probate & Private Client, Company & Commercial, Property, Family Law, Dispute Resolution, Accident & Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence|
|Michelmores||4.6||42||9.4||Commercial, Corporate, Commercial & Regulatory Disputes, Employment, Family Law, Immigration, Property, Tax|
|Ian Walker Family Law & Mediation Solicitors||4.0||4||8.7||Divorce, Divorce Finances, Family Mediation, Arbitration|
|Magdalen Chambers||4.5||6||9.2||Care & Adoption, Children, Family Finance, Financial Resolution Consultancy, Court of Protection, Commercial, Employment, Personal Injury|
The Family Law Company
DIY Legals Rating: 8.9
Online Rating: 4.0
The Family Law Company have their office in Southernhay Gardens, Exeter. The Family Law Company’s services cover separation, divorce, finances, children and contact, grandparents’ rights, domestic abuse, child abduction, and custody proceedings. They currently have a 4.0-star rating on Google with 57 reviews in total.
They are active social media users with accounts on all social media platforms. You can connect with most of their solicitors on LinkedIn. Their blogs cover a wide range of topics concerning all family law-related topics.
Divorce & Separation, Cohabitation Agreements, Prenuptial Agreements, Domestic Abuse, Child Abduction, Adoption
- Rachel Buckley: Rachel is the Divorce and Finance Team Head. Rachel has extensive expertise in cases involving members of the Armed Forces, Police, and Fire Service. She specialises in divorce and the financial ramifications of marriage and civil partnership dissolution. Rachel frequently represents high-ranking professionals in these fields. Rachel also draughts prenuptial and cohabitation agreements, as well as separation contracts.
- Grace Bradley: She specialises in private children law as well as financial concerns, and she has extensive experience defending both privately financed and legal aid clients in the UK and overseas.
Contact website: https://www.thefamilylawco.co.uk/
The Family Law Company (formerly known as Hartnell Chanot & Partners) was founded in 1991 by Norman Hartnell and has grown to become the largest family law firm in the South West, with offices in Exeter and Plymouth, bespoke service in Somerset, and the ability to represent clients in London and around the world. Each year, The Family Law Company handles over 2000 family law matters, assisting families around the region in finding the most cost-effective solutions to their concerns. Their family law solicitors focus on problem-solving approaches to reach a fair conclusion and safeguard the vulnerable whenever possible.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.5
Online Rating: 4.7
Rundlewalker is well-positioned to assist families and individuals with a wide range of legal needs due to years of legal experience encompassing a broad spectrum of legal work. They have offices in central Exeter and can serve clients from across the region and the country. They currently have a 4.7-star rating on Google with 67 reviews in total.
Rundlewalker Solicitors is available on a number of social media platforms. They have a good social media standing, and you will find them more responsive on Twitter. Their news section includes articles that cover a variety of legal topics.
Family Law, Criminal Defence & Motoring Offences, Conveyancing & Property, Accident & Injury Claims
- Nick Dudman: Nick is one of the firm’s four Directors, having qualified as a solicitor in 1985. Nick has solely practised in the subject of family law, with a focus on divorce and matrimonial finance.
- Sue Jury: Sue became a solicitor over 30 years ago and has worked exclusively in the field of family law throughout her career. She has specialised on children’s work for the past ten years.
Contact website: https://rundlewalker.com/
Rundlewalker’s Family Law Solicitors and Paralegal Executives can help you with all elements of family law, including divorce, financial settlements, and concerns involving children. They also have a strong focus on children’s issues, frequently representing parents and grandparents in custody battles and severe contact and residence disputes. Rundlewalker’s family law and divorce solicitors include SRA Children and Family Law Accredited professionals who can assist you in all aspects of family law.
Stephens Scown Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.5
Online Rating: 4.5
Located in Southernhay W, Exeter, Stephens Scown Solicitors has professional solicitors working on all aspects of family law. They have years of experience dealing with family law, including divorce and children law. They currently have a 4.5-star rating on Google with 89 reviews in total. Most of their clients are quite pleased with their work, as seen by their positive customer reviews.
You will find the latest articles and blogs in the Info Hub section on the website. They publish articles on several pertinent topics. Their social media presence is also good, and they are present on all social media platforms representing the Firm.
Wills, Probate & Estate Planning, Residential Property, Family Law, Employment Law, Immigration, Intellectual Property & Information Technology, Dispute Resolution
- Andrew Barton: Andrew is a partner who focuses on the financial issues of breakups of relationships. Andrew specialises in high-value, high-complexity financial transactions. Complex pension concerns, tax and valuation issues, claims against trusts, enterprises, and farms, inheritance issues, and pre-acquired riches are all examples of this.
- Bill Wilkins: Bill graduated from law school in 1992 and joined the family team in the firm’s Exeter office in 1993, eventually becoming a partner in 2000. He focuses on children and child care law in all of its forms.
Contact website: https://www.stephens-scown.co.uk/
They provide expert advice for people and families throughout the South West and the UK. They are recognized as the top solicitors in the region for family law, including divorce and children law. They understand how important it is to trust and feel at ease with the lawyer you choose for personal problems. Therefore they can refer you to a colleague without any obligation or cost. This lets you make sure they’re the proper fit before entrusting your case to them.
Dunn & Baker Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.0
Online Rating: 4.1
With offices in Exeter, Cullompton, and Newton Abbot, Dunn & Baker Solicitors has been providing legal services to private clients and the business community of Exeter for over 100 years. They have the resources to assist their clients in overcoming the obstacles that they encounter in the twenty-first-century legal world. They currently have a 4.1-star rating on Google with 56 reviews in total.
They have a blog section where they regularly provide news about their company. They are active on practically every social media network, and they appear to use Twitter more than Facebook.
Disputes, Family Law, Employment Law, Housing & Property, Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Wills & Probate
- Darren Cleverdon: Since his qualification as a solicitor, Darren has specialised in Family and Matrimonial cases and is the Head of the Family Department and a Partner at Dunn & Baker Solicitors.
- Emma Benyon-Tinker: Emma joined Dunn & Baker Solicitors in 2019 as a Family Finances and Children specialist. Emma specialises in all financial elements of separation and divorce, as well as challenges emerging from cohabiting partners’ relationship breakdown.
Contact website: https://www.dunnandbaker.co.uk/
Their family law professionals have an extensive understanding of all aspects of family law and provide compassionate legal counsel to ensure that the practical consequences of any relationship break-up are correctly addressed. They can provide financial and real estate advice, but they never forget that feelings and emotions are equally vital while practical issues must be addressed. They don’t use legal jargon at Dunn & Baker Solicitors. They also provide a free initial consultation and will clearly outline the fees and timelines involved, so you know exactly what to expect.
Tozers Solicitors LLP
DIY Legals Rating: 8.8
Online Rating: 4.0
Tozer’s Solicitors LLP can assist you with various problems from their locations in Exeter, Teignmouth, and Newton Abbot, including divorce and separation, issues involving children, financial situations, pensions, and looking at alternatives to court. They currently have a 4.0-star rating on Google with 33 reviews in total.
In their Insight area, they post blogs on several legal issues. They’re also active on social media, and they have Facebook and Twitter profiles where they keep up with legal news. They have educational videos on YouTube as well.
Dispute Resolution, Employment, Family Law, Medical Negligence, Probate & Wills, Planning & Licensing, Residential Property
- Mark Williams: Mark is a specialist in all elements of children’s law and is a member of the Children Panel. Mark represents parents and children who are in foster care, as well as special guardians and foster caregivers. When dealing with sensitive situations, he has a particular interest in representing grandparents in family court disputes and delivers straightforward and focused guidance.
- Tracy Lambart: Tracy is the head of Tozers’ Family team and specialises in advising private clients on complex marriage concerns such as divorce and separation, as well as child custody and visitation arrangements.
Contact website: https://www.tozers.co.uk/
When you’re going through a difficult situation, you need to know that the person giving you advice will do so with care and that they understand what they’re talking about. Tozers’ Family team is a member of Resolution, a professional organization for family lawyers. Whether you’re looking for a job or dealing with a problem, their lawyers will form a partnership with you unlike any other you’ve had with a lawyer before.
Crosse & Crosse Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 8.6
Online Rating: 3.9
Crosse & Crosse Solicitors are located in Southernhay West, Exeter. From buying your first house to seeking a divorce, establishing a business, or planning for the future, their solicitors and lawyers can assist you at every step. They currently have a 3.9-star rating on Google with 29 reviews in total. Although they have a handful of reviews, they are good service providers.
They have a blog section where they post company news, but it hasn’t been updated in a long time. The Firm is more active on Twitter and Facebook, where they post more regularly and respond more quickly.
Individuals & Families, Personal Injury, Claims & Disputes, Businesses and Employment, Capacity, Later Years Planning & Wills
- Andrew Dodd: Andrew began his career at Crosse + Crosse in July of 2011. He is the Head of the Family Department and a Partner.
- Simon Musannif: Simon began his career with Crosse & Crosse in January 2011. He is a Solicitor in the firm’s Family Department and a Partner.
Contact website: http://www.crosse.co.uk/
Since its establishment in April 1915, the Firm has evolved to become a well-known and vital element of Exeter’s current commercial and family life. Their solicitors and lawyers are always prepared to explore funding possibilities with you if you are eligible for Legal Aid. They can arrange home visits or meetings in suitable places around Devon for clients who find it difficult to travel to their office in Exeter.
DIY Legals Rating: 8.6
Online Rating: 3.9
Wollens solicitors have approximately 200 of the finest minds available to assist you on everything from agricultural to acquisitions, maritime to marriage, and operate out of three locations across Devon, with offices in South Devon, North Devon, and Exeter. Their family legal services have received positive feedback from clients, and they currently have a 3.9-star rating on Google with 22 reviews in total.
They publish a blog regularly and are active on social media. They may be found on all social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook. Reviewers claim that their Twitter account is more responsive than Facebook.
Wills, Probate & Private Client, Company & Commercial, Property, Family Law, Dispute Resolution, Accident & Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence
- Deborah Baker: Deborah is a partner with the firm, where she focuses on family and private client matters. She has extensive experience in family law, notably in financial disputes arising from divorce and between cohabitees who are divorcing. She handles a diverse range of family law issues, including those involving children and prenuptial agreements.
- David Kendall: David is a member of the Law Society’s Children Panel and Family Law Panel, and he works extensively on behalf of children, either personally or through a Court-appointed Guardian. In care processes and private law conflicts, he also represents parents and other caretakers. To maintain consistency for his clients, David does a lot of his own advocating.
Contact website: https://wollens.co.uk/
The Firm has expanded from its beginnings in the 19th century advising Devon landowners, farmers, and sea traders to become one of the largest solicitors in the South West, with significant expertise in private clients, company, and commercial law. It is a well-established firm with years of combined expertise providing quality representation to most of its clients.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.4
Online Rating: 4.6
Michelmores is located in Pynes Hills, Exeter. Michelmores’ award-winning family law solicitors have a wealth of experience and can advise you on any aspect of family law. They make sure you get personalized, first-class service, and they work hard to get the best possible outcome for you and your family. They currently have a 4.6-star rating on Google with 42 reviews in total.
The Firm’s news section includes a variety of blogs. They are also social media users with accounts on prominent platforms. Their Twitter account is the most active, and they respond there immediately.
Commercial, Corporate, Commercial & Regulatory Disputes, Employment, Family Law, Immigration, Property, Tax
- Daniel Eames: Daniel has extensive knowledge in all elements of family law. He is recognised as an expert in international family law on a national level, as well as by independent legal directories. He specialises in representing high-net-worth individuals in complex financial disputes and problems with an international component.
- Sarah Green: Sarah is a family lawyer that is dedicated to finding solutions that are forward-thinking, collaborative, and family-centered. Her experience ranges from complex financial arrangements arising from divorce and cohabitation breakup to wealth protection, premarital agreements, and child custody arrangements.
Contact website: https://www.michelmores.com/
They take the time to get to know you as a person and personalize their services to your specific needs, goals, and circumstances. They will put themselves in your position to identify potential problems and establish a strategy before they become a problem. To deliver a comprehensive, seamless service, they collaborate with various teams within the Firm. Their long-standing partnerships with renowned chambers and counsel, as well as financial advisers, mediators, and other third-party professionals, ensure that their customers’ needs are satisfied, whatever they may be.
Ian Walker Family Law and Mediation Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 8.7
Online Rating: 4.0
Ian Walker Family Law and Mediation Solicitors were established in 2013 to utilize technology to create a contemporary firm that would help clients find the best answers for their family law disputes. They are an award-winning family law solicitor’s Firm with their headquarters in Exeter. They currently have a 4.0-star rating on Google with four reviews in total.
With a strong social media presence, the Firm has a reputation of being active here. Their daily tweets about pertinent topics bring more attention to the Firm. Their blog section is also interesting, with solicitors voicing their opinions on various cases.
Divorce, Divorce Finances, Family Mediation, Arbitration
- Lauren Preedy: Lauren is the Head of the Divorce and Relationships Team and a Senior Associate Solicitor. Lauren is a forward-thinking family law attorney. She offers individualised legal and practical help.
- Sarah Hindle: Sarah Hindle is the Head of the Children Law Team and a highly experienced Child Law specialist counsel.
Contact website: https://familylawandmediation.co.uk/
They can help clients make better judgments because they are experienced specialists. They assist clients in selecting the best dispute resolution choice for their circumstances. Legal counsel and representation, collaborative family law, neutral family mediation, and impartial family arbitration are all the services provided. They are experts in all of these possibilities. They are also listed in the Legal 500 as a leading firm for family law in the South-West.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.2
Online Rating: 4.5
Magdalen Chambers, based in Exeter, is a well-known chambers. Members of the set receive frequent training in financial remedies and private child law. In various complex problems, its barristers represent local authorities, parents, and guardians. They currently have a 4.5-star rating on Google with six reviews in total.
They update their blogs daily. They’re also on Facebook and Twitter, and their participation on social media isn’t restricted to Facebook and Twitter, and they’re also very active on LinkedIn.
Care & Adoption, Children, Family Finance, Financial Resolution Consultancy, Court of Protection, Commercial, Employment, Personal Injury
- Rupert Chapman: Rupert is frequently involved in high-stakes private legal situations involving children, including foreign relocation, kidnapping, and domestic or sexual abuse. Rupert’s cases frequently involve many parties, including guardians and international issues.
- Susan Campbell: Susan represents clients in both public and private actions in all aspects of family law. Her London-based practise takes her to courts all around England and Wales.
Contact website: https://www.magdalenchambers.co.uk/
Their family law team is well-versed in all aspects of the law. Public law issues are handled on behalf of parents, local governments, and guardians. Members serve on various recognized Local Authority Panels, including those that cooperate with the Court of Protection. In “shaken baby” cases, special expertise is available as well. Private Law instructions include representing parents with major personality and learning issues, focusing on creating a professional yet compassionate connection with each client.