We have reviewed almost 107 criminal solicitors in the London area as per their standing on Google, social media, and trust pilot. Here are the top 10 criminal solicitors who can help you file the required applications, litigate through any criminal offences and more.
|Solicitor’s Name||Google Rating||Total Reviews||Our Rating||Areas|
|Janes Solicitors||4.3||6||9.0||Money Laundering, Financial Sanctions, Offshore Structures, Cartels & Competition Law, Bail|
|CG Law Solicitors & Advocates||5.0||2||9.5||Corporate Fraud, Money Laundering, Sexual Offences, Indecent Images, Motoring Law, Drug Offences|
|Berkeley Square Solicitors||5.0||102||9.9||Pre-Charge Advice, Criminal Law, Financial Crimes, Sexual Allegations|
|Lawtons Solicitors||5.0||13||9.8||Sexual Offences, Serious Violence & Assault Offences, Drug & Firearm Offences, Driving & Speeding Offences, Regulatory Offences|
|Old Bailey Solicitors||4.9||13||9.6||Fraud & Financial Crime, Tax & HMRC Investigations, Health & Safety Prosecutions, Sexual Offences, Violent Offences, Drug Offences|
|BSB Solicitors||4.8||108||9.8||Drug Trafficking, Civil Liberties, Youth Crime, Fraud Solicitors, Sexual Offences, International Law, Drink Driving|
|MK Law||5.0||23||9.7||Serious Violence, Firearms, Driving Offences, Burglary, Robbery & Theft, Sexual Offences, Drug Offences, Fraud|
|Freemans Solicitors||4.7||166||9.7||Crime, Family Law, Driving Offences, Immigration, Business Crime, Commercial Property|
|Edward Fail Bradshaw & Waterson Solicitors||4.1||13||8.9||Crime, Fraud & White-Collar Crime, Regulatory, Inquests & Public Hearing|
|Bark & Co||4.9||65||9.8||Criminal Fraud, Corona Virus Scheme Fraud, FCA Investigations, SFO Investigation, Drugs, Corporate Tax|
DIY Legals Rating: 9.0
Online Rating: 4.3
Janes Solicitors is a niche firm with offices in Westminster and St James, London. Their formidable and brilliant team of lawyers has considerable experience in all areas of serious and complicated fraud, financial crime, regulation, taxation, serious crime, extradition, road traffic, and Privy Council proceedings, with over 150 years of combined competence. They currently have a 4.3-star rating on Google with six reviews in total.
They have an active blog area where they keep their clients up to date on what’s going on in their practice. They have a presence on Twitter and LinkedIn, although there is little activity there. On Twitter, they seem to be more receptive.
Money Laundering, Financial Sanctions, Offshore Structures, Cartels & Competition Law, Bail
- David Janes: David is widely considered as one of the best and most experienced criminal defence attorneys in the country. He also defends claims of bribery and corruption, as well as alleged corporate crimes and all areas of the proceeds of crime. He is well-versed in regulatory issues as well as civil recovery.
- Robert Berg: Robert has a strong track record in dealing with high-value money laundering, international drug trafficking, murder, significant violent crimes, and sexual offences. Robert also has a lot of expertise with extradition, mutual legal assistance, and investigations involving international cooperation.
Contact website: https://www.janes-solicitors.co.uk/
Janes Solicitors is known for its high-profile victories, combining breadth and depth of knowledge, and an extraordinary level of service to customers. They have a track record of effectively representing clients, and they are frequently retained in the UK’s most complicated and high-profile cases. Their lawyers continue to tackle a heavy caseload, both in terms of issues going to trial and fresh directions, including important SFO/ HMRC/ NCA and CPS prosecutions. They provide personalised, high-quality, reliable, and cost-effective advice and solutions for all clients.
CG Law Solicitors & Advocates
DIY Legal Rating: 9.5
Online Rating: 5.0
CG Law is located in Mayfair, London. It is private criminal defence legislation practise with knowledge and experience in corporate fraud, money laundering, sexual offences, indecent pictures cases, health and safety, regulatory law, corporate manslaughter, assaults, drug cases, and driving offences. They currently have a 5.0-star rating on Google with two reviews in total.
The firm’s staff are trained criminal lawyers, and the Solicitors Regulation Authority regulates the firm. There are a number of testimonials of the firm on the website, and you won’t find them on any social media platforms.
Corporate Fraud, Money Laundering, Sexual Offences, Indecent Images, Motoring Law, Drug Offences
- Chris Georgiou: Chris Georgiou is a well-known and well-respected criminal defence attorney who focuses on serious and challenging cases. Murder, fraud, money laundering, sexual offences, significant organised crime, health and safety violations, corporate manslaughter, regulatory offences, and motoring offences are among the serious charges he defends.
- Dipa Patel: She often advises and represents clients in a wide range of topics, including charges of rape and other serious sexual offences, the creation, possession, and distribution of obscene photographs, traffic violations, and regulatory violations.
Contact website: https://cglawdefence.co.uk/
Each of their solicitors has over ten years of expertise and will only work on a few select cases at a time to guarantee that each case receives the individualised, tailored, and high-level attention that their private clients need and demand. From the beginning of a police or local authority investigation until the criminal court if they are accused, CG Law only represents private clients. They also represent clients in criminal appeals at all levels, from referrals to the Criminal Cases Review Commission through appeals to the Supreme Court and the European Court of Human Rights.
Berkeley Square Solicitors
DIY Legal Rating: 9.9
Online Rating: 5.0
Berkeley Square Solicitors is a boutique law practice formed by Roger Sahota, Daniel Godden, and Goran Stojsavljevic, three of London’s best criminal law solicitors. Their lawyers are internationally recognised criminal law professionals with a solid reputation for taking on difficult matters and delivering the best possible outcomes for their clients. They have over 20 years of legal experience in Chambers and Legal 500 firms. They currently have a 5.0-star rating on Google with 102 reviews in total.
Their updated blogs will help you keep track of the ongoing activities of the firm. The blogs cover a wide range of topics that cater to a global audience. They are also active on social media, and you may connect with them on both Facebook and Twitter.
Pre-Charge Advice, Criminal Law, Financial Crimes, Sexual Allegations
- Roger Sahota: Roger Sahota is one of London’s leading criminal lawyers, having an international reputation for taking on tough cases and a track record of achieving positive results. He was the first solicitor to conduct a war crimes trial in the Hague.
- Daniel Godden: With over ten years of experience, Daniel is a civil and criminal litigation specialist who is routinely instructed in complicated white collar cases being probed by HMRC, SFO, NCA, and FCA.
Contact website: https://www.bsblaw.co.uk/
The criminal defence lawyers at the firm offer skilled guidance on a wide range of issues, including serious crimes, tax evasion, and fraud. Unlike many larger companies, their criminal law company provides partner-level help throughout your case, and their track record bears witness to this. Throughout your case, you will receive partner-level support, and because they only practise criminal law, their skilled solicitors will guarantee that you receive the best possible defence.
DIY Legal Rating: 9.8
Online Rating: 5.0
Lawtons is considered one of the best criminal defence firms in London and the Home Counties, with a strong reputation for providing high-quality legal services. Lawtons is ranked as a National Leader in Criminal Defence work by Chambers & Partners Guide to the legal industry. They currently have a 5.0-star rating on Google with 13 reviews in total.
The staff at Lawtons Solicitors has a wealth of experience and knowledge to assist you with any legal query or concern you may have. You can also contact them on social media, usually quite active, and their knowledge centre will provide you with informative blogs.
Sexual Offences, Serious Violence & Assault Offences, Drug & Firearm Offences, Driving & Speeding Offences, Regulatory Offences
- Nick Tichener: Nick is a devoted criminal defence lawyer who specialises in difficult and dangerous crimes, including drug crimes, violence, and sexual offences. Nick specialises in cases that are privately funded and require a higher level of service and attention to detail.
- Stephen Halloran: Stephen Halloran is a criminal defence lawyer with over 20 years of expertise in the field. He assists his clients in navigating difficult litigation and delivering the best defence possible.
Contact website: https://www.lawtonslaw.co.uk/
Their attorneys solely practise in the areas of law that they are most familiar with, and they specialise in criminal law and do not attempt to practise in various other areas. They have specialised lawyers who can handle a wide range of criminal offences. Lawtons Solicitors, according to clients, has no bounds in terms of the gravity of issues it can handle. You will have a specialised crime lawyer who can assist you if you are charged with any form of a criminal offence.
Bark & Co
DIY Legal Rating: 9.8
Online Rating: 4.9
Bark & Co is a well-known, top-rated criminal defence law company situated in the City of London, with top-rated legal aid and private solicitors that specialise in financial crime, severe and non-serious other crime, corporate, fraud, and civil and property litigation. They currently have a 4.9-star rating on Google with 65 reviews in total.
Their site covers a wide range of topics that will undoubtedly answer any queries about current cases that the firm has handled. They’re also active on social media, keeping up with current trends and hashtags.
Criminal Fraud, Corona Virus Scheme Fraud, FCA Investigations, SFO Investigation, Drugs, Corporate Tax
- Giles Bark-Jones: Giles Bark-Jones is a top-rated fraud and financial crime expert lawyer and the Principal of Bark & Co, a premier criminal defence law company based in London but serving clients across the country.
- Maria Stalbow: Maria Stalbow works in Bark&co’s criminal team as a senior solicitor. Maria has more than 15 years of expertise defending people accused of fraud, financial crimes, and other serious crimes. Numerous complex prosecutions involving company directors, accountants, bankers, lawyers, and doctors have taken place as a result of this.
Contact website: https://barkco.com/
They are routinely selected to defend clients appearing in high-profile criminal cases that draw national attention, and their hand-picked lawyers are among the country’s most experienced and highly accomplished litigators in their chosen field of speciality. Regardless of your background or legal issue, you will always find them competent and kind, authoritative yet approachable, understanding and nonjudgmental.
Old Bailey Solicitors
DIY Legal Rating: 9.6
Online Rating: 4.9
Old Bailey Solicitors have created a reputation as a premier regulatory law and criminal defence practice providing first-rate advice and representation to customers demanding a personalised service since 1999, having offices in London, Sussex, and Surrey. They currently have a 4.9-star rating on Google with 13 reviews in total.
They also feature a news section that is updated daily. Most of the topics covered in these instructive blogs are world news and issues. The company is also active on a number of social media channels. They respond quickly to any legal questions you may have.
Fraud & Financial Crime, Tax & HMRC Investigations, Health & Safety Prosecutions, Sexual Offences, Violent Offences, Drug Offences
- Rod Hayler: Rod has specialised in criminal defence work since 1998 and leads the Old Bailey Solicitors team as Managing Director. He has 17 years of experience as a trial lawyer and an exceptional track record of success.
- Camilla Rents: Camilla has specialised in criminal defence work since 2010, whether as an advocate or a litigator, and has specific experience in instances involving sexual offences, significant violent offences (including murder), and money laundering and fraud.
Contact website: https://www.oblaw.co.uk/
Every part of their work is designed to keep you at the centre of what they do for you. They understand that your case is ultimately about you, your life, business, and future. Individuals and businesses who expect quality at every level of their case can turn to their experienced team of criminal defence lawyers for tailored advice. They remain committed to providing competent legal aid counsel to as many clients as possible.
DIY Legal Rating: 9.8
Online Rating: 4.8
They are a criminal legal firm headquartered in the heart of London that specialises in fraud, regulatory, serious crime, and immigration law. Their energetic but personable criminal defence attorneys have vast experience in various professional areas. They currently have a 4.8-star rating on Google with 108 reviews in total.
Their blog discusses legal issues and activities and a variety of other industry-related topics. Their social media presence is also strong, with active and usually responsive handles.
Drug Trafficking, Civil Liberties, Youth Crime, Fraud Solicitors, Sexual Offences, International Law, Drink Driving
- Jonathan Black: Jonathan Black of BSB Solicitors is regarded as “among the top defence solicitors around” for his “highly experienced, hard-working, client-based and client-oriented” approach. He works on a variety of criminal matters, including homicides and high-stakes drug cartels.
- Jim Skelsy: Jim is a well-known criminal defence attorney and trial advocate. Jim has worked on several Very High-Cost Cases involving multiple offenders accused of money laundering, fraud, and armed robbery.
Contact website: https://www.bsbsolicitors.co.uk/
Their criminal solicitors are known for offering straight-talking counsel and their forensic and proactive approach to litigation and are recognised as leaders in the industry by legal directories. Their award-winning criminal defence lawyers have extensive experience dealing with a wide range of criminal, fraud, and regulatory investigations. Cases that they’ve been involved with are frequently in the news. Public figures, professions, and government officials are among the clients they have acted.
DIY Legal Rating: 9.7
Online Rating: 5.0
MK Law is a London-based specialist law practice. They are specialists in serious crime, including terrorism cases, sexual assault, armed robbery, and fraud, and are recognised by the Legal 500 as a premier criminal law firm. They are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. They currently have a 5.0-star rating on Google with 23 reviews in total.
Their blog keeps current and potential clients informed about the practice’s ongoing changes and improvements. They are also quite active on social media and have a sizable following.
Serious Violence, Firearms, Driving Offences, Burglary, Robbery & Theft, Sexual Offences, Drug Offences, Fraud
- Alexander Rynn: He graduated from law school in 2010 and has worked primarily in criminal defence for those accused of serious crimes since then. Alex is also a seasoned Military Law expert with a long history of Court Martial expertise.
- Francesa Hallett: Following her training as a solicitor, Francesca joined MK Law in 2018. During her schooling, she worked as a criminal defence attorney, representing clients in Crown Court cases involving rape, child grooming, and drug distribution.
Contact website: https://mk-law.co.uk/
Everyone at MK Law believes that everyone has the right to the best service, from the lawyers to the key support staff. They understand that being caught up in the legal system may be a frightening experience. It is never ‘just another case’ at MK Law since they know they are defending an individual’s life, liberty, reputation, livelihood, or family life. Throughout their time in the legal system, they ensure that the rules are followed and that your rights are protected.
DIY Legal Rating: 9.7
Online Rating: 4.7
In 1995, Freemans Solicitors was founded. Regardless of the type or value of the matter, they have a reputation for providing personal attention and a high level of professional service. They advise both individuals and corporations on a wide range of legal issues. They currently have a 4.7-star rating on Google with 166 reviews in total.
The firm also has an active blog section that attempts to share information about the firm’s most important legal proceedings and projects. On social media, the company is also active and responsive.
- Michael Field: He has worked in the legal profession for more than 20 years, first as a solicitor and then as a Barrister. He is the co-head of the Crime Department’s in-house advocacy team and the department’s in-house advocacy team.
- Kishoree Kotecha Pau: Kishoree is a criminal defence lawyer with a lot of expertise. Kishoree specialises on challenging matters, whether they are complicated because of facts or allegations, or because of the legal framework.
Contact website: https://freemanssolicitors.net/
Each client’s affairs are managed or monitored by a specialist solicitor who, as needed, can call on the experience of colleagues. Every situation is unique, and they will always focus on your specific needs. At Freeman’s, they provide quality legal support thanks to a team of exceptional litigators and criminal defence attorneys who work together to represent clients in the most serious matters and whose work has won national and worldwide praise. The team has an excellent track record in dealing with murders, including highly complicated challenges and sexual offences, major violence, high-value fraud, extradition, and other forms of general crime.
Edward Fail Bradshaw & Waterson Solicitors
DIY Legal Rating: 8.9
Online Rating: 4.1
Edward Fail, Bradshaw & Waterson has a stellar reputation as professional criminal defence practice. They are one of the few premier criminal law companies in London and the UK to offer both legal aid and private finance options, according to Chambers & Partners and Legal 500. They currently have a 4.1-star rating on Google with 13 reviews in total.
You can read all about their notable cases and blogs on their website, and you will find a pool of information in these sections. The firm is also active on social media, especially on Twitter, and they follow the latest trends and are pretty opinionated on Twitter.
Crime, Fraud & White-Collar Crime, Regulatory, Inquests & Public Hearing
- Paul Harris: Paul offers decades of experience to his caseload, with a focus on violent crimes such as murder, large-scale drug distribution, and complicated fraud, as well as all areas of severe and organised crime.
- Kristy Bishop: Edward Fail, Bradshaw & Waterson has Kirsty as a partner. Kirsty is the head of the Fraud & White Collar Crime Department and has represented clients accused of a variety of fraud offences. Kirsty is also experienced in dealing with major crimes such as murder, organised crime, serious drug offences, and robbery.
Contact website: https://www.efbw.co.uk/
At every stage of the criminal investigation and trial process, their team of dedicated and approachable lawyers provides competent advice and representation. They often represent clients in a wide range of situations, including murder, terrorism, fraud, drug trafficking, sexual offences, and assault, as well as traffic and regulatory issues. They value your freedom beyond all else. They will vigorously defend your case, employing the highest degree of competence to achieve the best possible results. They have two offices, one in East London and the other in the City, and they can advise and support you at police stations throughout London and the UK in some extreme cases.