We have reviewed almost 158 solicitors in Dorset as per their standing on Google, social media, and trust pilot. Here are the top 10 Conveyancing solicitors through whom you can buy, lease, sell, and get any of your property-related legal work done.
|Solicitor’s Name||Google Rating||Total Reviews||Our Rating||Areas|
|Coles Miller Solicitors||4.9||101||9.9||Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Wills, Probate, Tax and Trusts, Residential Conveyancing, Residential Leasehold Property, Commercial Property|
|Trethowans Solicitors||4.5||42||9.3||Dispute Resolution, Family Law, Planning Solicitors, Residential Property, Rural Property, Notary Public, Commercial Property, Agricultural Solicitors|
|Farnfields Solicitors||4.8||57||9.7||Civil Disputes and Disputes Resolution, Notary Public, Residential Property, Tax and Trusts, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Commercial Property|
|Ellis Jones Solicitors||4.7||283||9.8||Conveyancing, Dispute Resolution, Employment Law, Wills, Trusts & Probate, Commercial Property, Commercial Disputes, Intellectual Property|
|Solomons Solicitors||4.9||69||9.8||Wills and Estate Planning, Probate, Estate Disputes, Lasting Power of Attorney, Property and Conveyancing, Equity Release|
|Matthew & Matthew Solicitors||4.3||84||9.3||Residential Conveyancing, Commercial Conveyancing, New Homes, Probate|
|MJP Law||4.5||11||9.3||Wills and Estate, Conveyancing, Family Law|
|Harold G. Walker Solicitors||4.4||10||9.2||Dispute Resolution, Employment Advice, Wills, Probate and Trusts, Property, Commercial LPA, Commercial Property, Dispute Resolution|
|Newnham & Jordan Solicitors||4.8||43||9.6||Conveyancing, Commercial Property, Wills and Probate, Lasting Power of Attorneys, Divorce, Children Matters, Personal Injury, Debt Recovery|
|Frettens Solicitors||4.2||34||9.1||Commercial property, Debt recovery, Commercial Litigation, Employment, Insolvency and restructuring, Disputed wills, Leasehold Property, Property, Wills & estate administration, Property Litigation|
Coles Miller Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.9
Online Rating: 4.9
Coles Miller is a prominent law company in Dorset, with locations in Poole, Bournemouth, Broadstone, Christchurch, and Wimborne. They offer comprehensive legal services to both individuals and businesses. They have one of the area’s largest dedicated commercial divisions, and its customer list includes some of the region’s largest corporations. They currently have a 4.9-star rating on Google with 101reviews in total.
Their news and blogs section updates clients and visitors to their website about their firm. They include a variety of topics in their blogs. Owing to modern times and modes of communication, they are highly active on social media as well.
Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Wills, Probate, Tax and Trusts, Residential Conveyancing, Residential Leasehold Property, Commercial Property
- Roger Leedham: Roger is the Head of the Residential Conveyancing Department, having joined the firm in 1984, shortly following his admission as a solicitor.
- Ruth Elkins: Ruth became a solicitor in September 2002 and works in the residential conveyancing department as a partner. Her practise encompasses all aspects of real estate transactions, including home purchases and sales, remortgage work, and equity transfers arising from death, divorce, or simply a gift.
Contact website: https://www.coles-miller.co.uk/
For their customers, their solicitors provide jargon-free legal advice as well as cost-effective and efficient solutions. The lawyers regularly pursue extra personal development through accreditations with appropriate regulatory bodies to ensure they retain an excellent level of knowledge and are always up to date with the latest advancements in their specialities.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.3
Online Rating: 4.5
They are a renowned law firm in the South of England, offering a wide range of legal services to businesses and individuals. They are thrilled to be ranked among the top 150 law firms in the United Kingdom. Their solicitors will give you the best property advice. They currently have a 4.5-star rating on Google with 42 reviews in total.
Their social media presence is strong, and they are on the cutting edge of technology. They can be found on Twitter, where they are the most responsive. They also post blogs and case studies on a regular basis to keep visitors up to date on their business and their recent developments.
Dispute Resolution, Family Law, Planning Solicitors, Residential Property, Rural Property, Notary Public, Commercial Property, Agricultural Solicitors
- Graine Alen-Buckley: She is a partner in the Agriculture and Rural Property Team and have worked in the legal property sector for over 20 years.
- Katie Bickerstaff: She has been with the firm for over 16 years as an Associate in the Residential Property Team. She specialisse in the purchase, sale, and mortgage of residential property, particularly leasehold property, as part of her job.
Contact website: https://www.trethowans.com/#
With offices in Southampton, Salisbury, Poole, Bournemouth, Winchester, and a base in London, they have been in business for almost 150 years and have a workforce of over 250 workers and 45 partners. Many accolades and achievements have been bestowed upon the firm over the years. Pizza Hut, Nando’s, Five Guys, and Rowanmoor, to name a few, are among the commercial clients. The commercial property team has worked on deals worth more than £400 million.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.7
Online Rating: 4.8
Farnfields Solicitors, based in North Dorset, West Wiltshire, South Somerset, and further afield, are experts in business law, commercial and agricultural law, family law and mediation, property law, wills, probate, and trusts. For both people and businesses, they provide a complete range of specialised legal services. They currently have a 4.8-star rating on Google with 57 reviews in total.
They include a news and events section where they keep you up to date on recent occurrences as well as legal blogs. They are social media savvy, with accounts on Twitter and LinkedIn. The firm may be found on LinkedIn and Twitter. On Twitter, they are more responsive.
Civil Disputes and Disputes Resolution, Notary Public, Residential Property, Tax and Trusts, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Commercial Property
- Jullian Alahookan: Julian’s areas of expertise include Commercial and Agricultural Law, Buying and Selling Commercial Property, Commercial Landlord and Tenant Matters, Buying and Selling Businesses, and some aspects of Agricultural and Land Development work.
- Tony Ford: Tony has over 34 years of experience in commercial real estate, including Buying and Selling Land, Acting for Landlords Granting Leases, Acting for Tenants Taking Leases, General Property Advice, and Acting for Town Councils on Property Issues.
Contact website: https://farnfields.com/
The firm is dedicated to providing legal services with the highest level of professionalism, ethics, and consistent service standards. The policy is intended to ensure that services are provided in a consistent and reliable way, as well as that the following quality and client care objectives are met. In the areas of residential conveyancing, private client work, family law, commercial property, agriculture, commercial, and employment, they seek to deliver a professional, friendly, and cost-effective service.
Ellis Jones Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.8
Online Rating: 4.7
With offices in Bournemouth, Poole, Ringwood, Swanage, Wimborne, and London, Ellis Jones Solicitors is a renowned independent law practice in the South of England. Their expert teams can provide full-service legal advice and support, as well as practical and cost-effective solutions. They currently have a 4.7-star rating on Google with 283 reviews in total. The firm has a good reputation in the legal sector.
Their social media presence is strong, with regular updates and quick Twitter responses. You can also use LinkedIn to connect with their employees. They also feature a blog area that keeps readers up to speed on the firm’s current work as well as legal news.
Conveyancing, Dispute Resolution, Employment Law, Wills, Trusts & Probate, Commercial Property, Commercial Disputes, Intellectual Property
- Tim Sharpley: He is a property lawyer that deals with both residential and commercial property. He has worked on high-value redevelopment projects both locally and abroad, and specialises in site redevelopment and restrictive covenant work.
- Bethanie Watson: Residential Sales and Purchases (including freehold, leasehold, and part-exchange), Estate set-up and plot sales, Property portfolio refinancing, Land acquisition and site assembly, Lease Agreements, Option Agreements, and Conditional Contracts, Commercial Leases, and Commercial freehold purchases are some of her specialties.
Contact website: https://www.ellisjones.co.uk/
They have the ability to help you with any legal issue you may be facing. They have created specific departments to achieve this, and they are able to provide you with legal advice and support in all areas of the law. Ellis Jones cherishes a variety of ideas and behaviours. Their interactions with clients, contacts, and co-workers are more than just passing through. They want to form long-term, supportive partnerships based on mutual respect and trust. They care about their clients’ success and deliver the best possible result for them.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.8
Online Rating: 4.9
They are a law firm situated in Bournemouth that provides high-quality legal services to clients in Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, and the surrounding areas. They take pride in providing all of their clients with a personalised, professional, and cost-effective service. Their services cover almost all conveyancing matters. They currently have a 4.9-star rating on Google with 69 reviews in total.
Solomons’ lawyers are also well-known due to the firm’s active social media presence. The business uses social media to share its triumphs and cases, drawing more clients every day. They also have an active blog section where they post daily news.
Wills and Estate Planning, Probate, Estate Disputes, Lasting Power of Attorney, Property and Conveyancing, Equity Release
- Iain Lorrimer: Iain has over 20 years of residential conveyancing and property experience, including sales, purchases, lease extensions, equity release, remortgage, and equity transfer.
- Christopher Bland: Sale and Purchases of Leasehold and Freehold Properties, Lease Extensions (non-statutory), Transfers of Equity, Registration of Secured Charges, and Re-Mortgages are among his specialisations as a solicitor with the firm.
Contact website: https://solomonslaw.co.uk/
Because they provide informative, pleasant, and cost-effective legal assistance, clients frequently refer the business to their friends and family. They’ve established themselves as one of the region’s top private client, property, and family law companies. Their Solicitors take the time to listen to you and learn about your goals before recommending a strategy to assist you to reach them. You can rely on them to deliver calm, experienced, practical counsel based on years of experience, regardless of the size of your estate, property portfolio, or divorce.
Matthew & Matthew Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.3
Online Rating: 4.3
From their individually structured departments, Matthew & Matthew Solicitors of Bournemouth provide a range of legal services, including conveyancing, wills, trusts and probate, and commercial property services, all of which are staffed by experienced yet friendly and approachable professionals and support staff. They currently have a 4.3-star rating on Google with 84 reviews in total. You are bound to be surprised by their genuine service.
Their social media presence draws in a lot of their clients. They raise their voice for and against pertinent issues and also highlight their firms’ beliefs by doing so. They have a detailed Testimonials section where you will find their clients stating their experience with them.
Residential Conveyancing, Commercial Conveyancing, New Homes, Probate
- David Webb: David graduated from law school in 1988 and now manages the commercial property department as well as the wills, trusts, and probate department.
- Caroline Cake: Caroline joined as a director after 10 years of experience in wills, powers of attorney, securing probate grants, and estate administration.
Contact website: https://mm4law.co.uk/
When it comes to selling or buying a new house, or refinancing an existing one, they provide first-class service to their clients. They operate on a sophisticated case management system, allowing them to handle your transaction quickly and efficiently. Regular updates on your transaction will be provided to you via phone, mail, email, or text messages. The commercial department’s pleasant and approachable staff can assist you with a wide range of services, including assisting you with the purchase of an office or retail space, as well as the signing of a new company lease or the assignment of an existing lease.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.3
Online Rating: 4.5
From their four offices throughout Dorset, MJP Law provides a comprehensive variety of legal services. They have a surprisingly plain and modern approach to the law while maintaining traditional beliefs. Their conveyancing services are well known in the Dorset area. They currently have a 4.5-star rating on Google with 11 reviews in total.
They are not that active on social media but they are genuine service providers that you can trust. You can connect with them on Facebook if you have any legal queries. They are also on LinkedIn but respond better on Facebook. They have a blog section where they update insights into their firm and the legal world.
Wills and Estate, Conveyancing, Family Law
- Martin Laszlo: Martin is the head of the conveyancing department.
- Gabrielle Bowie: Gabrielle is a solicitor at the firm specialising in conveyancing
Contact website: https://www.mjplaw.co.uk/
They pride themselves on being practical, proactive, and focused on fighting your cause, and they offer fixed costs, adaptable options, and courteous service. Whatever legal service you require, they guarantee that having MJP Law Dorset Solicitors on your side will not leave you disappointed. It’s the little things that matter — they speak and write in plain English, they swiftly return your calls, and they are always available if you drop in with a query. They also offer a no-obligation, no-cost introductory consultation at any of their three locations.
Harold G. Walker Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.2
Online Rating: 4.4
Harold G Walker Solicitors first opened their doors in 1946 at the Lansdowne in Bournemouth, and now have offices in Broadstone, Christchurch, Verwood, and Wimborne. Harold G Walker has offered legal assistance to a variety of local and national organisations over the years. They have a number of quality property lawyers. They currently have a 4.4-star rating on Google with 10 reviews in total.
They spend a lot of time on social media. They are quite aware that their social media presence has redirected legitimate traffic to them. As a result, they respond to questions on social media almost instantaneously. They also have a news section where they post updates on the firm’s ongoing proceedings as well as law articles on relevant issues.
Dispute Resolution, Employment Advice, Wills, Probate and Trusts, Property, Commercial LPA, Commercial Property, Dispute Resolution
- Nicola Lowe: The firm’s Managing Partner is Nicola Lowe. Wills, Probate, and other elements of work dealing to the elderly, including Lasting Powers of Attorney and Deputyship Applications, are her areas of expertise.
- Simon Nethercott: Simon is the Head of Business and Commercial at Harold G Walker Solicitors, where he works as a Commercial Property Solicitor. In the ever-changing legal sector, he is in charge of expanding and moving the company ahead.
Contact website: https://hgwalker.co.uk/
Harold G Walker Solicitors is able to be a member of the entire community because of the combination of private provision and a business focus. To cover all areas of law, each location has its own team of legal specialists. From residential property and conveyancing to commercial contracts and company registration, you’ll find a firm that offers a courteous, clear, and professional legal service.
Newnham & Jordan Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.6
Online Rating: 4.8
Newnham & Jordan are a firm of specialised solicitors who offer sensitive and expert guidance. The firm has conveyancing experts who work in different areas pertaining to property law. They currently have a 4.8-star rating on Google with 43 reviews in total. There are several positive reviews of the firm on Google.
They are active on Facebook and Twitter. They are more responsive on Twitter than Facebook. Their blogs address a range of topics including but not limited to the legal world.
Conveyancing, Commercial Property, Wills and Probate, Lasting Power of Attorneys, Divorce, Children Matters, Personal Injury, Debt Recovery
- Angie Newnham: Property Law & Conveyancing, which encompasses residential, commercial, and agricultural work, Social Housing, Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, and a niche interest in equine law and equestrian agreements are among Angie’s areas of expertise.
- Michael McGhie: Michael stays up to date on the latest developments in road traffic regulations so that he can advise both private citizens and corporations on how the law and legislation may affect them.
Contact website: https://www.northfordsolicitors.com/
Newnham & Jordan’s team works hard to put themselves in your shoes. As a result, they’ve developed a one-of-a-kind, personalised service that gives you not only the professional knowledge you’d expect from a law firm but also great customer service. As a result, they have a long list of happy customers. They are always searching for new methods to improve service and give their customers the greatest possible experience.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.1
Online Rating: 4.2
Frettens is a group of young, friendly attorneys headquartered on the south coast who believe in providing straightforward, well-informed legal advice in plain English. For both corporations and individuals, they provide a comprehensive set of services. You will receive the same high level of expert advice and professional service whether you are starting a business or planning a management buy-out, selling your home or writing your will. They currently have a 4.2-star rating on Google with 34 reviews in total.
They’re on every social media network you can think of. They may be found on Twitter, where they keep up with the newest legal developments. They answer quickly on Twitter. They maintain a blog section where they post new legal news and articles.
Commercial property, Debt recovery, Commercial Litigation, Employment, Insolvency and restructuring, Disputed wills, Leasehold Property, Property, Wills & estate administration, Property Litigation
- Niki Adkins: Niki leads the Leasehold Property Team, which represents freeholders, leaseholders, and property management firms across the UK, drawing on her extensive experience in this field.
- Anne Albritton: Anne has extensive expertise with statutory and open market lease extensions, as well as advising leaseholders with Right to Manage and freehold purchases.
Contact website: https://www.frettens.co.uk/
They strongly believe that the law should be available to everyone. You will always have your lawyer’s name, email address, and direct phone number as a client. Your initial consultation with the firm is always free. People should not be scared to seek legal assistance because they are afraid of being charged or told they don’t have a case. They communicate in clear English and don’t hide behind overly complicated ‘legalese.’ They share their knowledge and skills. Every month, tens of thousands of people read, watch, and listen to their updates. They provide free blogs, articles, reports, and webinars on topics that are important to their clients.