We have reviewed almost 156 solicitors in Newcastle as per their standing on Google, social media, and trust pilot. Here are the top 10 family law solicitors which can help you with matters relating to children’s welfare, divorce, and other family-related proceedings.
|Solicitor’s Name||Google Rating||Total Reviews||Our Rating||Areas|
|Samuel Philips Law||4.7||47||9.5||Commercial Property, Family Law, Litigation, Employment, Mediation & Arbitration|
|David Gray Solicitors||4.8||253||9.8||Crime, Property, Family, Family Mediation, Immigration, Wills Probate & Planning|
|Silk Family Law||4.1||13||8.9||Divorce & Separation, Children Issues & Support, Financial Provision, Nuptial Agreements & Asset Protection, Cohabitation, Injunctions & Emergency Relief, Inheritance Claims, Civil Partnerships|
|Mincoffs Solicitors||4.3||56||9.2||Corporate, Commercial, Dispute Resolution, Family Law, Employment|
|Emmersons Solicitors||4.5||99||9.5||Family, Residential Property, Commercial Conveyancing, Fraud, Motoring|
|EMG Solicitors||4.5||8||9.0||Court of protection, Family Law, Family Mediation, Wills Trusts & Probate, Employment Law, Commercial Property|
|Sintons Law||4.3||85||9.3||Personal & Family, Personal Injury, Business Services, Healthcare|
|Carr& Co Solicitors||4.1||22||8.9||Family Law, Wills & Probate, Advice for the Elderly, Accident Claims, Civil Disputes, Employment Law|
|Ben Hoare Bell Solicitors||4.2||18||8.7||Agreement between Couples, Collaborative Family Law, Domestic Violence Solicitors, Divorce Solicitors, Childcare Solicitors|
|Browell Smith & Co||4.5||17||9.1||Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Family Law, Wills Probate & Elderly Client, Conveyancing|
Samuel Philips Law
DIY Legals Rating: 9.5
Online Rating: 4.7
Samuel Philips Law is based in Gray Street, New Castle. The firm, which was founded in 1919 by Samuel Phillips, has a reputation for offering high-quality services and solutions that are tailored to each client’s individual needs. Samuel Phillips Law has been providing legal services in a variety of areas for over a century, including Family, Employment, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Agriculture, Residential Property, Commercial Property, and Wills Probates& Trusts. They currently have a 4.7-star rating on Google with 47 reviews in total.
They have a blog section that is constantly updated. Blogs are updated on a regular basis. They understand that modern times necessitate modern ways of communication. As a result, they’re active on every social media network.
Commercial Property, Family Law, Litigation, Employment, Mediation & Arbitration
- Jennifer Goldstein: Jenny is a Senior Partner and one of the North East’s top Family Lawyers, with over 30 years of post-qualification expertise in all aspects of family law.
- Sarah Ward: Sarah is a divorce and family law expert with a lot of expertise. In September of 2019, she joined Samuel Phillips Law as a Senior Associate.
Contact website: https://samuelphillips.co.uk/
They offer a highly specialised service to satisfy the demands of their clients and are well-known for managing complex and high-value divorce and separation cases. They don’t have a “one-size-fits-all” solution, but they can customise a package to fit a client’s specific needs. They are known in the North East of England as one of the best specialist family teams. Because of their experience and reputation, they receive instructions from clients throughout the country and beyond.
David Gray Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.8
Online Rating: 4.8
David Gray Solicitors is based in Westgate Road, New Castle. With top-tier categorization in both the Chambers UK Directory and the Legal 500 Directory, David Gray Solicitors LLP has solidified its long-standing reputation for quality and leadership in the legal services sector. With a focus on teamwork, their specialists’ abilities and skills complement one another, allowing them to provide a high-quality legal service in a courteous, approachable, and sensitive manner. They currently have a 4.8-star rating on Google with 253 reviews in total.
Their blogs are updated monthly. Their law topics have a wide variety, just like their service. Their social media presence is also good. They are active on most platforms but they respond faster on Twitter.
Crime, Property, Family, Family Mediation, Immigration, Wills Probate & Planning
- Elspeth Thomson: After studying law at Cambridge University, she was admitted as a solicitor in 1994 and have been practising family law ever since.She now practises exclusively in the area of children’s law, with a caseload that includes public and private law children’s disputes, as well as adoption and surrogacy applications.
- Lesley Monkhouse: She is a family solicitor and partner who focuses on situations involving children, domestic abuse, and forced marriage.
Contact website: https://www.davidgray.co.uk/
Their award-winning family law team comprises specialists throughout the full range of family law and divorce practise, and is top-tier recognised in both Legal 500 and Chambers Directories. Legal assistance is given wherever possible, and the family team was classified in Category 1 – excellence in peer-reviewed research by the Legal Aid Agency; only 14% of companies fall into this category.
Silk Family Law
DIY Legals Rating: 8.9
Online Rating: 4.1
Silk Family Law is based in Broad Chare, Newcastle. They are a renowned family law company that handles all elements of separation, divorce, civil partnerships, nuptial agreements, and children’s difficulties. Their expertise and great client service have earned them top rankings in the respected legal guides Legal 500 and Chambers UK for family law in the North. They currently have a 4.1-star rating on Google with 13 reviews in total.
Their blogs cover all aspects of family law, including how even little disagreements can lead to divorce. Aside from that, their blogs contain tips and tricks on how to navigate the divorce process. They understand that modern times necessitate modern ways of communication. As a result, they’re active on social media.
Divorce & Separation, Children Issues & Support, Financial Provision, Nuptial Agreements & Asset Protection, Cohabitation, Injunctions & Emergency Relief, Inheritance Claims, Civil Partnerships
- Margaret Simpson: Margaret is regarded as one of the region’s top family lawyers, specialising in complicated matrimonial finance.
- Ian Kennerly: Ian was admitted to the Bar in 1983 and is a member of the Family Law Bar Association. He has been described as a “master of his art” by Legal 500.
Contact website: https://www.silkfamilylaw.co.uk/
Their family law solicitors have extensive experience advising and representing clients in all aspects of marital and family law situations, including financial and child custody issues. They specialise in dealing with complex financial difficulties such as corporate assets, farming operations, trusts and pensions, as well as instances with foreign elements. They can meet the needs of all clients in a cost-effective and client-focused manner because of the range of their team’s skills and their flexible price structure.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.2
Online Rating: 4.3
Mincoffs Solicitors is based in Jesmond, Newcastle. Mincoffs is a major Newcastle upon Tyne commercial law firm and solicitor. They give comprehensive legal assistance to businesses in the North East and across the country. Their knowledgeable staff specialises in corporate and commercial law, employment law, dispute resolution, commercial real estate, and casino law. In addition, they also provide family law, wills and probate, and residential conveyancing services. They currently have a 4.3-star rating on Google with 56 reviews in total.
They also have regular blogs that are about the firm’s developments and contemporary legal topics. Their social media presence is also quite promising compared to most other firms. They are responsive through their handles.
Corporate, Commercial, Dispute Resolution, Family Law, Employment
- Emily Cannell: Emily advises clients across the country in all facets of family law, including prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, marital breakdown, divorce, cohabitee issues, and financial remedies.
- Rachel Smith: Since qualifying as a solicitor in 2005, she has specialised in Family Law, dealing with issues such as divorce, cohabitee disputes, and financial remedies. She also handles pre-and post-nuptial agreements, as well as private law children issues.
Contact website: https://www.mincoffs.co.uk/
Their dedicated family and divorce team can help with anything from pre-nuptial agreements to a relationship breakdown, including separation and divorce, financial provision, child support, and cohabitation or civil partnership disputes. They offer good judgement and pragmatic, realistic guidance, as well as a sensitive and supporting approach, suited to the unique needs of their clients, thanks to their enviable reputation, significant expertise, and established track record.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.5
Online Rating: 4.5
Emmersons Solicitors is located in Gosforth, Newcastle. At Emmersons Solicitors, they understand how critical it is to select the proper solicitor for your case. Despite the fact that they cover a wide range of legal topics, their abilities, in-depth knowledge, and years of experience have allowed them to specialise in certain areas. They currently have a 4.5-star rating on Google with 99 reviews in total.
Their blogs address various issues pertaining to the legal sector. They have a dedicated blog section where they publish blogs almost regularly. Their social media presence is also acknowledgeable. They respond quickly to queries asked on social media.
Family, Residential Property, Commercial Conveyancing, Fraud, Motoring
- Jacqueline Emmerson: Jacqueline focuses on all elements of family law, including divorce and dissolution, separation, and difficulties concerning children’s contact with their parents and other relatives.
- Tracey Hammond: Tracey practises Family and Private Client Law and is passionate about what she does.
Contact website: https://www.emmersons-solicitors.co.uk/
Their team of Divorce and Family Law Solicitors are the best in the business. You need to know that they will correctly handle your case, that they will do so calmly, and that they will obtain you the best bargain possible. You will find their employees to be quite helpful and sympathetic, as they have received extensive training.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.0
Online Rating: 4.5
EMG Solicitors is based in Gosforth, New Castle. They are a business that firmly believes that it’s integral to keep the community at the heart of their legal services. They offer various services that include but are not limited to employment law, commercial property, family law, family mediation, and many more. They currently have a 4.5-star rating on Google with 8 reviews in total.
They have a news section where they update all the necessary information about the firm. They also publish blog articles in this section. EMG particularly focuses on their presence in social media because they are including modern forms of interaction with their previous and future clients.
Court of protection, Family Law, Family Mediation, Wills Trusts & Probate, Employment Law, Commercial Property
- Julia Middleton: She specialises in divorce/dissolution proceedings/separation, as well as the financial and child custody issues that frequently arise. She isa certified collaborative lawyer, which is a type of alternative dispute resolution for clients who prefer to avoid going to court.
- Sue McArthur: She is a Resolution Accredited Specialist Solicitor in financial concerns for married and unmarried couples, as well as a practising Collaborative Family Lawyer.
Contact website: https://www.emgsolicitors.com/
The family law team will be there for you no matter what you’re going through. They can assist and provide expert advice on a wide range of family concerns, including divorce and finances, children’s issues such as residence and contact, civil partnership dissolution, and surrogacy, contact for grandparents, and agreements for persons living together or intending to marry. The family team’s solicitors are all members of Resolution and are passionate about advocating a sympathetic, constructive, and cost-effective approach to client cases.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.3
Online Rating: 4.3
Sintons solicitors, a full-service law office situated in Newcastle upon Tyne, provides first-class legal assistance to businesses, organisations, and people in North East England, including York and the surrounding areas, as well as throughout the UK and further abroad. They currently have a 4.3-star rating on Google with 85 reviews in total.
They are one of the very few firms that have podcasts on legal matters. They believe in the full use of technology and are keen on connecting through the medium of the internet with people. They have a strong social media standing with an active presence on Twitter.
Personal & Family, Personal Injury, Business Services, Healthcare
- Sophie Dodds: Sophie has dealt with divorce, finances, and children’s issues in the past. She takes pride in establishing a solid rapport with customers so that they can have confidence in her capacity to help them with their family law concerns.
- Louise Masters: Louise is a partner at Sintons and the head of the Family Team. Louise has gathered an expertise in all areas of family law since graduating as a solicitor, and she prefers to specialise in settling difficult financial concerns following divorce, as well as wealth protection.
Contact website: https://sintons.co.uk/
They are one of the most renowned, respected, and experienced family law teams in the North of England, having won numerous awards. They provide a service that is efficient, discreet, professional, and cost-effective. Because Sintons is a full-service law office, the Family Team has direct and quick access to other areas of legal knowledge, which can be critical when dealing with a family business. They’re there to make sure you get expert guidance right away so you can get on with your life. You’ll inevitably be dealing with a slew of other practical issues, and their readily available guidance can be presented in a way that helps you through the process.
Carr & Co Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 8.9
Online Rating: 4.1
They’re one of the most well-known law offices in Newcastle and Northumberland, providing pleasant, down-to-earth legal assistance on a variety of topics. In areas such as family law, conveyancing, personal injury, wills and probate, and employment law, their knowledgeable and experienced team is available to answer questions, offer advice, and provide assistance. They currently have a 4.1-star rating on Google with 22 reviews in total.
They do have a blog section in which they publish legal articles, but they have not updated it since last year. You can find them on Facebook and Twitter. They are more active on Twitter and respond faster there.
Family Law, Wills & Probate, Advice for the Elderly, Accident Claims, Civil Disputes, Employment Law
- Alexa Wilson: Alexa Wilson, a trained solicitor located in the Newcastle office. She earned a master’s degree in law from Northumbria University in 2017.
- Sharon Smith: Sharon is a Senior Director at Carr& Co, where she provides expert guidance on all aspects of personal injury and accident law, including car accidents and workplace accidents.
Contact website: https://www.carrandcosolicitors.com/
As leading family law solicitors, they understand how upsetting any family conflict or breakdown can be, particularly if it threatens your partner, children, property, pension, or other assets. For family law concerns such as divorce, marital breakup, financial claims, and domestic abuse injunctions, they provide qualified counsel and competent representation. They also settle disagreements about your children with your partner, other family members, or Social Services.
Ben Hoare Bell Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 8.7
Online Rating: 4.2
Ben Hoare Bell Solicitors is based in Byker, Newcastle upon Tyme. They specialise in providing high-quality legal services to individuals throughout the North of England at Ben Hoare Bell LLP. They can assist you with anything from a difficult divorce to seeking compensation for injuries experienced in an accident. They may also help you set up a power of attorney so that your partner can manage your assets if you are no longer able to. They currently have a 4.2-star rating on Google with 18 reviews in total.
Their blogs are daily updated and you can find a mixed variety of articles in their blogs. They address pertinent issues that are very important to discuss in the legal world. They are not active on Facebook but you may find them on Twitter. They are responsive there.
Agreement between Couples, Collaborative Family Law, Domestic Violence Solicitors, Divorce Solicitors, Childcare Solicitors
- Cris McCurley: As a family law attorney, she has worked with a lot of black and minority ethnic women and children who have been abused in some way. She is a Resolution-accredited specialist in international child abduction, domestic abuse, and forced marriage and honour-based violence cases.
- Gillie Robson: In May 2017, she joined the Ben Hoare Bell Family Department, and she has 13 years of expertise in both family and criminal law in Northumberland.
Contact website: https://www.benhoarebell.co.uk/
Their legal team is made up of experienced and specialised legal professionals who are well regarded as specialists in their industries. You can contact them at any moment if you require a specialised solicitor in the North East. As legal specialists, they believe that assisting the community is an important aspect of their job, and they are dedicated to serving both publicly financed and private customers. They take calls, emails, and face-to-face inquiries, so please do not hesitate to contact them in your favourite manner first.
Browell Smith & Co Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.1
Online Rating: 4.5
Browell Smith & Co Solicitors is located in Saville Row, Newcastle Upon Tyme. For more than 20 years, Browell Smith & Co Solicitors has served the North East, assisting over 160,000 customers in good times, bad times, sickness and health. Personal injury, divorce and family law, wills, trusts and probate, medical and dental malpractice claims, and both residential and commercial conveyancing are among the services they offer. They currently have a 4.5-star rating on Google with 17 reviews in total.
Their blogs are up-to-date with recent ongoings in the legal world. They cover various issues and topics in their blogs. They are also active on social media with a wide presence on Twitter.
Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Family Law, Wills Probate & Elderly Client, Conveyancing
- Victoria Lant: She is the Head of the Family Department at Browell Smith & Co Solicitors, and she only practises Family Law.
- Elizabeth Brown: She is a solicitor who focuses on all elements of family law, including separation, divorce, related financial difficulties, and child custody issues following a divorce.
Contact website: https://www.browells.co.uk/
The experienced and devoted family law team at Browell Smith & Co Solicitors takes pleasure in providing exceptional service to their clients. They recognise that their clients may be under a lot of emotional strain, therefore they treat everything with sensitivity and care. They will listen to you, explain your alternatives, and are dedicated to obtaining the best possible result for their clients. They give their customers clear, straightforward, and cost-effective legal advice on all aspects of family law.