We have reviewed almost 127 solicitors in the Leeds City Centre area as per their standing on Google, social media, and trust pilot. Here are the top 10 family law solicitors who can help you with matters relating to children’s welfare, divorce, and other family-related proceedings.
|Solicitor’s Name||Google Rating||Total Reviews||Our Rating||Areas|
|Stowe Family Law||4.8||48||9.6||Divorce, Financial Matters, Child Law, Unmarried Couples, Domestic Abuse|
|Ison Harrison Solicitors||4.2||512||9.4||Clinical Negligence, Criminal Law, Family Law, Immigration, Personal Injury, Residential Conveyancing, Commercial Litigation, Commercial Property, Wills & Probate|
|Switalskis Solicitors||4.5||55||9.3||Child Abuse, Child Care, Family Law, Inquests, Medical Negligence, Real Estate, Residential Conveyancing, Serious Injury, Wills & Probate|
|Austin Kemp||4.1||29||9.0||Divorce & Separation, Child Law, Finances, International Divorce, Family Law, Civil Partnership|
|Consilia Legal||4.9||160||9.9||Employment Law, Workplace Mediation, Family Law, Family Mediation|
|Henry Hyams Solicitors||4.3||122||9.5||Criminal Law, Family Law, Housing, Immigration, Civil Litigation, Mental Health, Personal Injury, Wills & Probate|
|Morrish Solicitors LLP||4.6||42||9.5||Injury & Disease, Family Law, Medical Negligence, Employment Law, Conveyancing & Property, Dispute Resolution, Trade Union Services|
|Irwin Mitchell Solicitors||4.2||52||9.1||Personal Injury Claims, Medical Negligence Claims, Family Law, Wills, Trusts & Estates, Probate, Employment, Immigration, Intellectual Property, Real Estate|
|Grahame Stowe Bateson||4.2||29||9.0||Family & Care, Conveyancing, Probation and Administration of Estates, Crime, Motoring, Mental Health|
|Clarion||4.3||35||9.1||Banking & Finance, Commercial Contracts, Debt Recovery, Data & Information Law, Family, Intellectual Property, Corporate|
Stowe Family Law
DIY Legals Rating: 9.6
Online Rating: 4.8
Stowe Family Law is located in E Parade, Leeds. The firm is the only national law firm that solely caters to family law matters, and they are one of the largest specialist teams of family lawyers. Including Leeds, the firm has offices in 30 locations across England. They currently have a 4.8-star rating on Google with 48 reviews in total.
They feature a blog area that is updated regularly. They are aware of the fact that modern times need modern communication methods. As a result, they’re present on all social media platforms.
Divorce, Financial Matters, Child Law, Unmarried Couples, Domestic Abuse
- Julian Hawkhead: Julian Hawkhead has a wealth of knowledge in all aspects of family law, notably in the area of complex financial issues. He has counselled and represented individuals going through divorce, as well as those who are not married or have moved into civil partnerships.
- Rachel Roberts: Rachel is an expert in all parts of family law, but she specialises in dealing with divorce finances following a divorce, as well as civil partnership disputes and separating cohabiting spouses.
Contact website: https://www.stowefamilylaw.co.uk/
All of the firms practise are in the field of family law. They listen to what you have to say and assist you with what you need to do right away. You will be guided through the process with sensitivity and care, as well as the certainty that the right people surround you. You won’t have to struggle with jargon because they use straightforward English. Instead, they keep you informed on what’s going on, how much it’ll cost, and what you and your team will need to do next.
Ison Harrison Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.4
Online Rating: 4.2
Ison Harrison Solicitors is located in Wellington Street, Leeds. It is one of the most popular and sought-after legal firms in Leeds. They offer a variety of services, including Family Law. If you require a company for Family Law, then Ison Harrison is the place to be. They currently have a 4.2-star rating on Google with 512 reviews in total.
Their blogs are updated at least once a week. Their law themes, like their service, include a wide range of topics. They have a strong social media presence as well. They are active on most platforms, but they answer the quickest on Twitter.
Clinical Negligence, Criminal Law, Family Law, Immigration, Personal Injury, Residential Conveyancing, Commercial Litigation, Commercial Property, Wills & Probate
- Chelsea Bonar: Chelsea handles all aspects of family law, including divorce, children’s concerns, child protection proceedings, and instances involving domestic abuse.
- Iain Cutts: Iain can help with all aspects of family law, including divorce and separation, cohabitee disputes, child custody orders, and financial issues.
Contact website: https://www.isonharrison.co.uk/
They are one of Leeds’ largest family law firms, offering specialist family law assistance on divorce, cohabitation, and child custody arrangements. Whether you are self-funding or seeking legal aid (government funding), they are confident that one of their Family Lawyers will be able to help you. You can be confident in the legal advice you receive from some of the top family attorneys in Leeds since they have a huge team of legal advisers, including Partners, Solicitors, and Paralegals.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.3
Online Rating: 4.5
Switalskis is based out of Park Pl, Leeds. They operate in various areas of law, including medical negligence, child care, mental health and capacity, family law, and many more. They currently have a 4.5-star rating on Google with 55 reviews in total.
Their blogs address a wide range of topics related to family law, including how minor arguments can lead to divorce. Aside from that, their blogs offer advice on how to get through the divorce process. They recognise that modern times need modern communication methods. As a result, they’re social media savvy.
Child Abuse, Child Care, Family Law, Inquests, Medical Negligence, Real Estate, Residential Conveyancing, Serious Injury, Wills & Probate
- Clare Peckett: Clare is a director of Switalskis and an experienced Family Law specialist. Clare specialises in dealing with complicated financial issues that arise as a result of a relationship breakdown or divorce.
- Alan Layfield: Alan is a member of Resolution and a qualified collaborative lawyer, so he approaches divorce and family problems with a positive mindset.
Contact website: https://www.switalskis.com/
Whatever you’re going through, they’ve most likely helped someone in a similar situation before. Their professional divorce lawyers have also handled difficult instances. Many Family Law solicitors are members of Resolution, an organisation dedicated to finding constructive and amicable divorce solutions for all parties. They also provide Family Mediation and Collaborative Law services, showcasing their dedication to a less adversarial approach.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.0
Online Rating: 4.1
Austin Kemp is located in The Headrow, Leeds. They provide expert family law guidance to help their clients reclaim control of their lives. They give strategic family law guidance centred on their clients’ needs. Their divorce lawyers and family lawyers are focused on getting outcomes. They currently have a 4.1-star rating on Google with 29 reviews in total.
They also publish regular blogs about the firm’s activities and current legal issues. Compared to most other companies, their social media presence is likewise pretty promising, and they are reachable via their handles.
Divorce & Separation, Child Law, Finances, International Divorce, Family Law, Civil Partnership
- Keith Wivell: Keith has over 30 years of expertise in the field of Private Family. Keith advises on divorce, separation, financial concerns, and private as well as cohabitee disputes for high-net-worth individuals.
- Sara Armistead: Sara has a wide range of experience dealing with privately funded family concerns such as divorce, children, separation, and pre-nuptial agreements, as well as complex financial cases.
Contact website: https://austinkemp.co.uk/
They pride themselves on being the finest in their area. Thus they only practise divorce and family law. Their area of expertise represents high-net-worth individuals, and they understand the amount of secrecy that this necessitates, particularly for those in the public glare. Their experienced divorce lawyers are dedicated to achieving your desired outcome and understand the importance of being heard. Your case will be allocated to a specialist lawyer who will be ready to answer any questions you may have and handle any concerns you may have.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.9
Online Rating: 4.9
Employment Law, Workplace Mediation, Family Law, Divorce Law, Child Law, and Divorce & Family Mediation are all areas of expertise for Consilia Legal. They are a team of proactive and understanding specialised solicitors with excellent client reviews. They currently have a 4.9-star rating on Google with 160 reviews in total.
Their blogs cover a wide range of topics related to the legal profession. They have a dedicated blog section where they almost daily publish blogs. Their presence on social media is equally noticeable, and they are quick to respond to questions posted on social media.
Employment Law, Workplace Mediation, Family Law, Family Mediation
- Laura Clapton: Consilia Legal is co-founded by Laura Clapton. She is a highly experienced family solicitor and accredited mediator who has practised in family law for over ten years and is currently a Director at Consilia Legal.
- Kelly Walters: Kelly has specialised in family law for over 15 years, effectively resolving high-net-worth divorce and financial disputes, including those including international elements.
Contact website: https://www.consilialegal.co.uk/
Their legal team consists of some of the most excellent specialist solicitors in the Yorkshire region. Their team is hard to top when it comes to innovative, creative, and solution-focused solicitors, having been shortlisted for their legal services and recognised as “recommended individuals” and “next-generation lawyers.” They have a solid reputation for providing practical, straightforward counsel. They’re also well-known in the region for their fixed fees and levies that are competitive and straightforward.
Henry Hyams Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.5
Online Rating: 4.3
Henry Hyams Solicitors is based in Oxford Row, Leeds. They provide high-quality service to individual and commercial clients alike, ranging from personal injury to property, regulatory prosecution to traffic offences, divorce to immigration. They currently have a 4.3-star rating on Google with 122 reviews in total.
They have a blog section where they keep all pertinent information about the company up to date. In this part, they also publish news items. Because they are incorporating modern means of communication with their former and potential clientele, Henry Hyams emphasises their presence on social media.
Criminal Law, Family Law, Housing, Immigration, Civil Litigation, Mental Health, Personal Injury, Wills & Probate
- Helen Camidge: Helen has over 25 years of expertise dealing with divorce, cohabitation, and civil partnerships, as well as the financial consequences of these types of relationships. Helen also focuses on prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, cohabitation agreements, residence and contact issues, and Schedule 1 child custody cases.
- Lloyd Bergen: Lloyd Bergen is Henry Hyams’ senior partner as well as the head and founder of the family department. For the past 40 years, he has focused his practise on family law.
Contact website: https://www.emgsolicitors.com/
The Leeds-based team includes well-known lawyers with years of experience in a variety of complicated family law topics. You can trust them to work with you to maximise the chances of a positive and fair resolution, whether you’re having problems with your relationship or marriage, children, or family finances. Divorce and child custody processes, non-molestation and occupation orders, domestic abuse claims, contact and civil partnerships are all areas where the family team can help.
Morrish Solicitors LLP
DIY Legals Rating: 9.5
Online Rating: 4.6
Morrish Solicitors LLP is located in Oxford Row, Leeds. Morrish Solicitors LLP is well-known both locally and nationally for its commitment to providing high-quality legal services to trade unions, members, and private individuals. They take pride in combining legal skills with approachability. They currently have a 4.6-star rating on Google with 42 reviews in total.
They have informative blogs on all the services that they offer. Their blogs are well-written and educative. They have a strong social media standing with an active presence on Twitter.
Injury & Disease, Family Law, Medical Negligence, Employment Law, Conveyancing & Property, Dispute Resolution, Trade Union Services
- Noelle Heath: She oversees the Family Law department and manage a caseload of family law problems for trade union members, groups, and private clients.
Contact website: https://www.morrishsolicitors.com/
Morrish Solicitors’ family law department in Leeds provides sensitive counsel and works efficiently to find the most practical solution for you. Their goal is to reach a mutually beneficial and friendly agreement to keep costs and stress to a minimum. They have a staff of Family Law Solicitors with a lot of expertise. Their solicitors can provide you with competent legal advice on various family law issues, including divorce, dividing assets after a separation or divorce, childcare arrangements, cohabitation, and civil partnerships.
Irwin Mitchell Solicitors
DIY Legals Rating: 9.1
Online Rating: 4.2
Irwin Mitchell is based out of Wellington Pl, Leeds. Solicitors at Irwin Mitchell take pride in their ability to comprehend people. Whatever occurs, Irwin Mitchell is the place to go if you need legal advice or assistance with your financial planning. They currently have a 4.2-star rating on Google with 52 reviews in total.
Their news and insight section has a plethora of blogs that you may read and know more about the firm from. The topics range from personal injury cases to divorce to immigration-related topics. They are also active social media users, and their strong connection in the public forum is with Twitter users.
Personal Injury Claims, Medical Negligence Claims, Family Law, Wills, Trusts & Estates, Probate, Employment, Immigration, Intellectual Property, Real Estate
- Helen Revill: She works out of Leeds and Sheffield as a Senior Associate Chartered Legal Executive and head of Family Law for Leeds, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, and Glasgow.
- Scott Halliday: He is an Associate Family Law Solicitor with offices in Leeds and London, specialising in divorce, dissolution, the financial repercussions of partnership breakup, and domestic and international child law matters.
Contact website: https://www.irwinmitchell.com/
Their family law experts can help you with whatever difficulty you’re having, from drafting a pre-nuptial agreement to resolving financial issues after a divorce. If you’re not married and are living together or want to live together, their family law team can design a cohabitation agreement to protect you if your relationship fails. The Family Law team is spread across England, with offices all over the country. Thousands of clients have entrusted them with resolving family law concerns. As a result, they understand what you’re going through and can help you navigate the process by providing sound guidance.
Grahame Stowe Bateson
DIY Legals Rating: 9.0
Online Rating: 4.2
Graham Stowe Bateson Solicitors were founded on their nationally famous criminal law and family law divisions but have subsequently expanded to specialise in five areas of law. Their initial office was in the heart of Leeds City Centre, but they have since expanded and built offices in Bramley, Middleton, and Harrogate to serve their clients better. They currently have a 4.2-star rating on Google with 29 reviews in total.
Their blogs are updated daily and contain a diverse range of subjects. They highlight relevant legal concerns that must be discussed. They aren’t on Twitter, but they do have a Facebook page. There, they are quite receptive.
Family & Care, Conveyancing, Probation and Administration of Estates, Crime, Motoring, Mental Health
- Amy Northern: Amy represents parents and family members in legal matters involving children on a regular basis, both in and out of court. She primarily handles domestic violence cases and difficulties affecting child contact arrangements.
- Helen Doolan: Helen became a solicitor in 2009 and has specialised in family law since then. She mostly handles matters involving child protection difficulties and the issuance of care proceedings. Helen also has a lot of experience with domestic violence issues.
Contact website: https://www.grahame-stowe-bateson.co.uk/
They can assist you with all family law concerns, from divorce and child custody to cohabitation and prenuptial-nuptials, whether you are facing the end of a marriage or relationship separation, making a commitment to a partner, or experiencing a family difficulty. Grahame Stowe Bateson’s team of family lawyers is ready to make things easier for you. Their family law specialists have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of family law and provide sensitive guidance to ensure that the practical consequences of any relationship breakdown are correctly resolved.
DIY Legals Rating: 9.1
Online Rating: 4.3
Located in Queen Street, Leeds, Clarion is a well-known legal firm. The solicitors at Clarion offer their services in a wide range of areas including but not limited to Family Law. They deal with companies all around the UK and in over 75 countries worldwide from a single location in Leeds. They currently have a 4.3-star rating on Google with 35 reviews in total.
Their blogs keep you up to date on the latest legal developments. In their blogs, they discuss a variety of themes and topics. They’re also active on social media, with a significant Twitter following.
Banking & Finance, Commercial Contracts, Debt Recovery, Data & Information Law, Family, Intellectual Property, Corporate
- Justine Osmotherly: Justine has over 24 years of experience as a specialist matrimonial solicitor and is the leader of Clarion’s Private Client Services section. Her areas of specialisation are complex financial provision and domestic abuse, and she is a Resolution Accredited Specialist.
- Jane Ingleby: Jane has considerable experience in all aspects of family law, with a particular focus on high-net-worth cases for married and unmarried couples, whom she often represents under the Trust of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act (TOLATA) 1996.
Contact website: https://www.clarionsolicitors.com/
A number of clients choose Clarion due to its people and culture. They are a team of people who collaborate to provide an exceptional client experience, and Clarion takes a novel way to offer legal services to their customers. They have a team of specialists dedicated to providing exceptional service and are experienced, talented, and committed.